Tours of L.A from San Pedro?

emilee

I was hoping that CCL would have a post cruise tour, but they don't. I've looked for a private tour, but the one tour co I found (can't remember which one) was very expensive and times didn't work. My flight from LAX is @ 5:00, so I'm going to take my time leaving, have a leisurely breakfast and let all the people who are in a rush go ahead of me.

Once at the airport, I'll check to see if the airline has any available seats on their earlier flight. Just remember that 9:00 is only an estimate and immigration, etc. can take more or less time. There are lots of threads stating that the lines at LAX can be long and depending on how many ships are coming that day, several thousand people going to LAX can make for a long wait time.

What cruise line are you saiilng on? RCCL has a tour to LAX but your flight departure time might be a tad early...but check it out if that is your line. Not sure what Princess, Celebrity, NCL or Carnival has.

You will be really lucky if you depart the ship at 9a...unless you hand carry your luggage off...but it has happened. And afcj1 was right the lines can be really long at LAX.

Good luck and have a great cruise.

It doesn't seem like you'll have that much time, but if you are renting a car, check out this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=567043

It is the "official" San Pedro filming location tour, written by Curt Jerome Wild. It could take an hour or three - depending on how much time you spend at each stop.

Whatever you choose - have fun!!:)

Archived