RC Majesty of the Seas v. Carnival Imag. v. NC Sky???

SoFlaFam

Hi there,

We're planning our first ever cruise (cruise virgins!!) with our 3 yr old and 5 year old. We live pretty close to Miami and wanted to keep it kind of short for the first time, in case the kids don't like it (or we don't). The following three are available to us, and around the same price:

Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Seas

Carnival Imagination

Norwegian Sky

Which would you recommend, if our main goal was for the kids to have fun?

Also, do you know if the kid babysitting area is available evenings, if we wanted to eat without them at night?

Thanks in advance!!

Since they are 3 and 5 they are eligible (old enough) to go to the ships' kids clubs. Carnvial and NCL start at age 2, RCCL starts at age 3 (and 100% potty trained)

The schedules for each club are at the link in my signature. Honestly, I would go with Imagination. They have that new water slide park. Don't know the height requirements for it, some of the other slides on carnival are 42" and 48" height requirement.

I shot some pictures of that ship last weekend when we were on Disney. They were in port next to us.

036.jpg

037.jpg

064.jpg

Thanks, good to know they could go to the kid clubs. (Fortunately we are done with the potty, too, so it sounds like any of them would work!) That slide looks awesome!! My 5 yr old is probably big enough but no my daughter, she's probably not even 40" yet! I am sure there would be plenty to do, though. I will check out your blog. Thanks again.

but no my daughter, she's probably not even 40" yet! I am sure there would be plenty to do, though. I will check out your blog. Thanks again.

Yeah I know the feeling, my 4.5 year old wasn't allowed on some Disney rides cause she wasn't 40" tall even with shoes on. :( Poor little peanut.

In that water area on Imagination, there are some kind of water spray area, it's all called "water works" so you can probably get the point.

The food on Carnival is very good. The decor is a little too flashy (for my tastes) but I can look past that if the kids are having fun.

Wasn't the Sky having a Kids sail free for a few sailings? Is that promotion over now?

I can only speak for the Imagination, have been on it twice now. Once with my DD when she was 2, and most recently this Feb. with my DD who was 6 and my DS who was 3 at the time.

They loved the waterpark area. My son was too small for the slides, but loved the splash park area. They also loved Camp Carnival, and even though they were separated, they could see each other thru a glass door. Then they were together for late night babysitting time.

They loved the food - eat whenever, order whatever, got spoiled with that part. The staff was excellent with both of them. Not sure what ports you are looking at, but if you could get a Half Moon Cay stop I would highly recommend it. It was the best day - most beautiful beach, and the kids had such a great time. We did the Grand Turk, Half Moon, Nassau trip, and loved it. Let me know if you want any more specific info.

We are experiencing the same problem. Grandpa wants to cruise for his b-day around the end of October and we could get a great resident rate on Majesty, but we are worried that the pool is too deep for the kids and I can't find AO compasses anywhere to get a look at the activites.

As it stands right now Majesty is $533 (2 ppl OV) and Imagination is $733 for the same category. This will be the first cruise that my son will remember (we sailed SOS when he was almost 2) and there is no way he can see a pool and not jump in it :p

We are experiencing the same problem. Grandpa wants to cruise for his b-day around the end of October and we could get a great resident rate on Majesty, but we are worried that the pool is too deep for the kids and I can't find AO compasses anywhere to get a look at the activites.

As it stands right now Majesty is $533 (2 ppl OV) and Imagination is $733 for the same category. This will be the first cruise that my son will remember (we sailed SOS when he was almost 2) and there is no way he can see a pool and not jump in it :p

OK, so you have been on Sov so you know how small the OV cabins are (Imagination has bigger OV cabins). But there is a shallow pool area on Majesty. You can see it here...it is the area that has a gate across it before it drops into a deeper pool.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2727853800030232654ZnJaiK

How old is your son?

The activities for RCCL ships are here...(no not Majesty pages BUT most activities are generally the same fleetwide so you can get a good idea of what he will be doing)

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb196/cruisinmama06/Royal%20Caribean%20AO%20Compass/?start=all

None of the pools are deep--3-4 foot max! For your own peace of mind, bring some waterwings for the kids--of course, they won't be in or near the pool without you, but you'll feel better!

Thank you for the replies. I called Royal and the agent told me the pool on Majesty was 6 feet deep :eek: . Thanks crusinmama06 for the picture of the pool deck seeing the divided area makes me feel better.

My son just turned 7. I know he would love the waterworks area but the $200 difference and the fact that we would stop at 3 ports as opposed to 2 on Carnival have me leaning more to Royal-gotta make my decision within one week though :rolleyes:

Archived