Queen Mary 2's 100th Crossing

KenC

As reported by Seatrade Inside News, QM2 is about to clock up her 100th crossing ~

http://www.cruise-community.com/ShowStory.asp?ID=15110

QM2 to embark on 100th Atlantic crossing

18/9/2008

Queen Mary 2 is scheduled to depart on its 100th Atlantic crossing Sunday from Southampton. On arrival in New York on Sept. 27, the liner will have logged 711,288 nautical miles since entering service, with 316,729 nautical miles on trans-Atlantic voyages alone.

Milestones of the 100th crossing include carrying more than 229,000 passengers and 450 pets on the North Atlantic, 97,000 pounds of lobster and 2,700 pounds of caviar served, 206,200 Champagne corks popped and enough tea poured to fill nearly five Olympic-sized swimming pools.

In 2009, Queen Mary 2 marks its fifth year of service with an extended trans-Atlantic season. In total, the liner will sail 25 crossings, including classic six-day voyages between Southampton and New York, two eight-day voyages between Hamburg and New York, one eight-day voyage from Boston via New York to Southampton and one nine-day crossing from Southampton via New York to Halifax and Boston.

Brent and I will be boarding the QM2 when she arrives in NYC on Sept. 27 for the Splendours of Autumn tour of New England/Canada. The week after we return we'll be boarding the QE2 for her last ever TA. I think many of your *friends* from this forum will also be on board. Want us to pass on any *special* messages?:D

As reported by Seatrade Inside News, QM2 is about to clock up her 100th crossing ~

Doesn't seem that long since her first! Come to thnk of it, its over a year LESS than our booking for that Maiden Transatlantic lasted.

It really was a great occasion. there was a feeling onboard that this WAS the maiden voyage. This was what the ship had been built for. And when storms were forecast, true to reputation, Commodore Warwick 'put his foot down' and went right through the middle of it.

If anyone's bored or suffering from insomnia you can check it out on youtube, just search for QM2 Maiden Transatlantic.

Regards, Colin.

Brent and I will be boarding the QM2 when she arrives in NYC on Sept. 27 for the Splendours of Autumn tour of New England/Canada. The week after we return we'll be boarding the QE2 for her last ever TA. I think many of your *friends* from this forum will also be on board. Want us to pass on any *special* messages?:D

.... we keep missing each other and I believe you prefer to post on the other forum these days. Hope you and Brent enjoy your QM2 and QE2 trips - don't worry about passing on any messages I don't think I have too many *friends* from this forum ( I don't tow the party line and most don't care for 'my opinions' :eek: ) and I certainly don't have any *friends* on the other forum ( most of whom are too full of their own importance to actually read and understand what I have written in the past - present company excepted ;) )

Send my regards to Brent - maybe we will catch up with you guys on Queen Elizabeth??? Don't see us doing a Cunard before 2010 :(

Cheers

Ken

Doesn't seem that long since her first! Come to thnk of it, its over a year LESS than our booking for that Maiden Transatlantic lasted.

It really was a great occasion. there was a feeling onboard that this WAS the maiden voyage. This was what the ship had been built for. And when storms were forecast, true to reputation, Commodore Warwick 'put his foot down' and went right through the middle of it.

If anyone's bored or suffering from insomnia you can check it out on youtube, just search for QM2 Maiden Transatlantic.

Regards, Colin.

Hi Colin.

if you remember you sent me a copy of that dvd and its great to watch, and, we often do sit and just watch it

wonderful

thanks

rob

.... we keep missing each other and I believe you prefer to post on the other forum these days. Hope you and Brent enjoy your QM2 and QE2 trips - don't worry about passing on any messages I don't think I have too many *friends* from this forum ( I don't tow the party line and most don't care for 'my opinions' :eek: ) and I certainly don't have any *friends* on the other forum ( most of whom are too full of their own importance to actually read and understand what I have written in the past - present company excepted ;) )

Send my regards to Brent - maybe we will catch up with you guys on Queen Elizabeth??? Don't see us doing a Cunard before 2010 :(

Cheers

Ken

Ken, here here on that, I fully agree with you

rob

Archived