Halloween on board?

jakz2fun

Hello,

I will be on the Sea Princess for Halloween this year. It will be my first time on a ship for Halloween.

Could anyone tell me if Princess does anything for adults for this holiday? I need to know if I need to bring a costume with me.

Thanks, JoAnn

Hello,

I will be on the Sea Princess for Halloween this year. It will be my first time on a ship for Halloween.

Could anyone tell me if Princess does anything for adults for this holiday? I need to know if I need to bring a costume with me.

Thanks, JoAnn

Will you come back on and let us know when you get off as we are on Crown next Halloween.

I would love to dress up.:eek:

We have been on cruises on Hallween before and will be on the Emerald this year. The cruise ship did decorate but dressing up seemed to be more informal. I think people just took it upon themselves to bring along a costume and dress up. This would seem to suggest that participation could vary depending on the crowd.

As you can see from our cruise history, we always sail in October, most of them during Halloween. We always take costumes. They have a costume party at one of the lounges and give prizes for the best costumes. The ship is all decorated for the occasion, especially the Atrium. Literally a hundred or so carved pumpkins. It's a sight to see. I believe most ships have a parade for the kids to show off their costumes and give them a treat. You'd be amazed at some of the costumes. I surely wouldn't want to pack that much, especially now with the luggage restrictions. We tend to take something that doesn't take up too much room in our suitcase.

But, it's a great time had by all. Most of the crew are also in some type of costume. We have a fun time!! So, if you have the room, by all means, take a costume.

OH, YES. YES. Last year the Grand was doing Monteral to Ft. Lauderdale and a dear friend was aboard and I saw the pictures of how it all was decorated. Wow, the cruise crew went all out. Soooooooooo this year 4 of us are dressing up; and I have lots of decorations for the stateroom door; a couple of real looking rats to place in the bar when I go in for fun...............also trick or treat stuff for help, especially for wait staff and room attentant............then halloween hats for those at the table who do not dress up......We live 45 minutes from portside so I am bring an old suitcase of stuff to toss when I am finished. Anyway fun ahead; sailinsal

Hi , we were on the Diamond last Halloween. And a lot of the crew got dressed up, they seemed to have a wonderful time of it. We did bring masks and shirts that matched. Quite a few passangers brought costumes , from minimal to way out there. The best couple was Bill and Hillary Clinton, they really played the part. Our Cruise critic group arranged to dress up and all have dinner together at anytime dinning, was fun. Enjoy

Cori

Hello,

Thanks, JoAnn

On the Golden last year I would say that almost all of the service personnel having direct contact with passengers were costumed, as well as a lot of the passengers. There was a party and a contest though due to a scheduling goof up, those were somewhat stunted. There were decorations. It was all good fun.

They also had Halloween stuff for the kids including a costume parade.

We take little glow bracelets and candy to hand out to kids. No one bangs on doors or anything, yelling "trick or treat" but it's a gas to hand out stuff in the dining room and around the ship. Their little faces just light up!

Tee

Archived