Supper Club on Glory

KY_Bride09

I was just wondering what experiences people have had at the supper club on the glory. My FH and I are sailing on the glory in March '09 and getting married while in port of St. Thomas and thought that we might have dinner there the night of the wedding with some of our guest. Also what are the menu choices?

I was just wondering what experiences people have had at the supper club on the glory. My FH and I are sailing on the glory in March '09 and getting married while in port of St. Thomas and thought that we might have dinner there the night of the wedding with some of our guest. Also what are the menu choices?

It's absolutely the perfect choice, we loved it!!! the menu choices are what you would expect at a five star restaurant, and to die for!! At our table we had filet mignon, lobster, porterhouse (HUGE) and sea bass. All were perfection...

Get the five little sample cups of creme brulee thingys for dessert!!:D

We enjoyed dining at the Supper Club on the Glory twice on our cruise last October. Although we loved both visits, I'd have to say the one earlier in the week was a little better than on the last sea day. Last sea day seems to be the most popular choice; therefore, there are more people to serve. More people = less personal attention by the wait staff. However, you will never be neglected in a supper club! Be prepared to be treated like royalty.

We have only tried two entree selections.... "Prime Rib Chop" and "Surf & Turf" (filet mignon & lobster). Although we enjoyed both selections, we have to whole heartedly recommend the Prime Rib Chop. OMGosh!! We are steak lovers, and that one was the absolute best we have EVER eaten! It's an enormous 20 oz steak, cooked and seasoned to perfection. Makes my mouth water, just thinking of it. The hardest part is having to leave some of that delicious steak behind, because there's just no way the average person can eat it all. :(

A word of advice. Eat light on the day of your Supper Club reservation, because you'll need extra room to put all that food.! You are going to eat so much, you won't know where to put the next bite! (But you find a place to put it, because it's that good!) ;)

We spent 3 times at the Supper Club on our first Glory cruise and 5 out of 7 nights on the second cruise. We ordered a bottle of wine that they kept for us and served to us every evening. The food was excellent and the surf and turf was our favorite! I loved the fact that you had so many courses and the chef's little specials they offer were so cool.

We loved the service because we asked for the same waiter and she remembered us and always took care of us fantasticly. She remembered that I took regular coffee with my meal, my dh wanted 1/2 and 1/2 tea and that we were chocolate lovers.

So, go...enjoy all of it several times!

Have to agree. We dined there twice on our last 7 day cruise. The Prime Rib Chop is great, also the mashed potatoes are excellent, so are the apps and Dessert. If you like to have a cocktail or glass of Champaign before dinner the bar in the supper club is also very nice. If you like wine there are some excellent wines on the list and are available by the glass also. Both the Jordon Cab and the Robert Mondavi Napa Cab Res were available by the glass. The bartender in the Supper Club is usually one the best on the ship. The entire experience is well worth the extra $30pp.

Keith

I haven't sailed on Carnival yet... but just wanted to say CONGRATS on your upcoming cruise wedding!! We married on St John while the ship visited St Thomas, and enjoyed meeting everyone for dinner that evening --- our first dinner with husband and wife getting to enjoy it with our closest friends and family who joined us for the cruise week. Afterwards several of us had drinks in one of the more laid back clubs onboard, and one person who had his laptop had taken the time to download pics and bring his laptop to our after-dinner gathering so we could begin ooohhing and ahhhhing over the pics. You will definitely enjoy your week onboard! Best wishes!! :)

If you Google it, you can find the supper club menu. There's an unofficial Carnival wiki site that has menus.

We went there in May. It was wonderful, but I won't cry because my next cruise doesn't have a supper club.

I do just fine in the main dining room and really would prefer to spend that money doing other things.

I had the gigantic porterhouse and it was very tasty.

Archived