Farewell to the Grand Gala Buffets

DGP1111

I was so looking forward that that, this is one reason that I picked my first Cruise to be with Carnival because of all of the beautiful pictures I have seen of the Gala Buffet. I wish they could have held off until after the first of the year instead of doing it right in the middle of September and I also feel that they should have left it up to the passengers since it is part of their cost to go on the cruise.

I have always enjoyed looking at all the artistic creations. I will agree that much of it looked better than it tasted. And I was usually stuffed from dinner anyway.....

It would be really cool if a cruise line could do a sea day brunch like the Sunday Champagne Brunch we have on the Queen Mary..... with some ice sculptures, carvings thrown in... Breakfast items, International food stations, Seafood, Carving stations and cool deserts.... It would be great in one of the main dining rooms or the super club.

Tom in Long Beach

Maybe they could serve popcorn and beers while we watch old photos of what once was on the big screen by the Lido pool....:rolleyes:

That's the best idea yet!!! I'd love it. The Grand Gala Buffet slide show. Sounds perfect. Bring on those beers!

My mom has been on one cruise (Valor last October). She and my dad are doing their second in November (joining me on my second leg of my Inspiration B2B). Anyways, I told her about the gala buffet being discontinued, and she said "I don't blame them. It looks pretty, but nobody was eating. It was a big waste"

I do feel that a lot of traditions in cruising are fading away, and some are good; some are not. We just have to roll with it, and if it gets to the point we really don't like it or see the value in cruising, we need to vacation elsewhere.

Archived