Dawn Princes Theme Nights

radovin75

We are Sailing on Dawn Princess this Christmas and were wondering if anybody could tell us what sort of theme nights are held on the Princess Cruises. We are first time cruisers and have no idea what to pack. Any advice would be great Thanks

We are Sailing on Dawn Princess this Christmas and were wondering if anybody could tell us what sort of theme nights are held on the Princess Cruises. We are first time cruisers and have no idea what to pack. Any advice would be great Thanks

I hope these do change a bit from year to year.

Last NYE on Sun Princess we had:

Island Night - big night up on deck with all the events & activities and a special buffet. We packed trashy hawaiian shirts, sarongs, cheap leis etc.

Outback and Rock n Roll nights - these were a bit more low key, and held in the Vista Lounge. Those that dressed for Outback mostly wore check shirt, jeans, boots, scarfs etc - a bit like a boot-scooters convention. One guy dressed as a cow which was pretty cool. The Rock n Roll night had lots of Elvis impersonators and lots who made a real effort with 50's dance costumes (think Happy Days).

You should have your nights confirmed in the cruise Q&A book that you will receive with your paperwork in a month or so.

Currently, whilst the Dawn Princess is in North America, these theme nights are offered. But when she heads over to Australia, perhaps these may change.

Country and Western Theme Night

spacer.gifRound up your favorite cowgirls and cowboys for this Country & Western party! Make sure you're ready to saddle up for this night of dancing and fun. Wear 'em if you've got 'em: bullet.gifWestern jeans, Bandanas, Cowboy hats, Cowboy bootsspacer.gif

Island Theme Night

Experience an evening in paradise at our Tropical Island Party! Join fellow passengers on deck while you hula to your favorite island songs or "hang loose" on this night of tropical fun.

bullet.gifHawaiian Aloha Shirts, Hula Skirts, MuuMuusspacer.gif

50's Theme Night

Get ready to "Shake, Rattle and Roll" at this Fabulous 50's Party! Grab your best bobby socks and saddle shoes while you twist the night away in your favorite vintage fads and fashions: bullet.gifPoodle Skirts and Pony Tails, Leather Jackets, Cuffed Jeans

Currently, whilst the Dawn Princess is in North America, these theme nights are offered. But when she heads over to Australia, perhaps these may change.

Country and Western Theme Night

spacer.gifRound up your favorite cowgirls and cowboys for this Country & Western party! Make sure you're ready to saddle up for this night of dancing and fun. Wear 'em if you've got 'em: bullet.gifWestern jeans, Bandanas, Cowboy hats, Cowboy bootsspacer.gif

Island Theme Night

Experience an evening in paradise at our Tropical Island Party! Join fellow passengers on deck while you hula to your favorite island songs or "hang loose" on this night of tropical fun.

bullet.gifHawaiian Aloha Shirts, Hula Skirts, MuuMuusspacer.gif

50's Theme Night

Get ready to "Shake, Rattle and Roll" at this Fabulous 50's Party! Grab your best bobby socks and saddle shoes while you twist the night away in your favorite vintage fads and fashions: bullet.gifPoodle Skirts and Pony Tails, Leather Jackets, Cuffed Jeans

Yes, was the same for Sun Princess a year ago. The only change was to rename the C&W night to Outback night - same theme, different name.

Thanks Everyone,

Big help here, at least I can prepare a little with my family's costumes. These forums have been great. I have learnt so much by reading them, and it's great to be able to share excitement with people. I am sooo excited. We are travelling with a large group of people and I pass on all the little tips and bits of advice I read. Thanks for the info.

Anna

They really need to change the themes a little bit more I think. Keep Island Night as that is always really fun but maybe change some of the others.

Hi ,

I agree do some changes.Definately keep Island Night but have live band music around the pool on the nites you dont have a port next morning.Most people i know prefer to have something on deck especially if its warm weather and calm seas.Surely they could have inside shows and something outside as well......definately would expand the choices.Im a bit over western nite and 50,s nite.One thing i would like to see would be the ships videotographers go around the ship more while at sea and talk/film people having fun.Just dont limit to a few nights and shore excursions.These DVD are not cheap and i like a lot of others like to have a keepsake of the cruise.I would love them to include a tour of the ship up front as most of the video is just dubbed over old footage.

yep more party live music out the back...60,70s and 80s plus all the new hits.

rock around the pacific

cheers

col:)

Col, I agree with you about doing more outside, especially on a nice night. On our Dawn cruise in Nov the only night on deck was Island and it was very windy. I wish they had have done C&W night on deck as it was very crowded in the Dome. The two cruises we've been on, C&W night has been very popular.

I agree with more outside in the warmer months. Last year on the Inaugural cruise on Dawn Island Night was a massive success with so much room. Then all the other themes were in the dome and you couldn't move.

They need a fully fledged disco night. I usually do it anyways but its such a fun theme to dress to with all the bright clothes and glow sticks.

Archived