Behind the scenes tours

superfind

No - they don't.

I think I have read that some super frequent cruisers (Diamond Plus status) get tours, but us "regular" folks don't. :)

On some of the ships there are "peep holes" where you can look onto the bridge. They have this on Mariner and the other Voyageur class ships.

Unless you know someone affiliated with the ship or the captain you would need to be Diamond +++. Not a real Crown and Anchor level. If you go on line to Crown and Anchor and look at the various levels you will see where certain "tours" are available to Diamond+ and more bonues available for passengers with 50 - 75 and 100+ cruises.

Bridge tours are still a perk of D+ members when the captain allows them.

Engine room tours...........have been off limits for years........due to safety concerns.

Also, from time to time, certain captains.........and I don't know who they are......allow guests that have dined at the captains table to join him/her on the bridge for a tour.

Recently......I have heard of an onboard auction for the company charity, where one of the items auctioned off is a bridge tour for two. :)

Rick

When we were on the Nav in May, we got quite friendly with the CD (Kieron Buffery, a fellow Brit!). When he found we were on for 3 back to backs, he said if there was anything he could do, let him know. We decided to go for it, and asked for an engine room tour (I'm an ex Engineer, now a truck owner/operator; wife has driven all her working life and now shares the truck with me) so this would really interest us. He said he tried every way he could, but that the Engineering Officer had said he wouldn't even allow the CD into the engine room with out a very good excuse. Guess we will have to film a TV documentary, as these seem to be the only types allowed in!

Simon

Archived