Venice Alilaguna stop

I will be spending the night before our cruise on the Splendour of the Seas in November. I will be staying at the Hilton Molino Stuckey. The hotel has a shuttle to either Zattere or St Marks. Looking at a map, Zattere is closer to the port. My research so far leads me to think that I can catch one of the Alilaguna water buses to the port. My question is 'What stop'? It looks like there are stops for the BLU Line (San Marco-Stazione Marittima), for cruise passengers and the RED LINE (Airport to Zattere), with intermediate stops at San Marco, Arsenale, Lido, and Murano Museo. Any help is appreciated in figuring this out. I would rather not have to resort to the water taxis.

Thanks

I will be spending the night before our cruise on the Splendour of the Seas in November. I will be staying at the Hilton Molino Stuckey. The hotel has a shuttle to either Zattere or St Marks. Looking at a map, Zattere is closer to the port. My research so far leads me to think that I can catch one of the Alilaguna water buses to the port. My question is 'What stop'? It looks like there are stops for the BLU Line (San Marco-Stazione Marittima), for cruise passengers

Thanks

Looks like the blue line from Zattere to Marittima (the main cruise port)

another option would be the vaporetto from Sacca Fisola near the hotel

http://www.venice-rentals.com/info/route-41-42.html

A water taxi your third option

From my research, they only run on Sat, Sun and Mon.

We will be staying at Lido, and if the BLU line from San Marco works, it would be perfect for us to board Emerald Princess on Oct 3. HOWEVER, Oct 3 is Friday, and the BLU line does not run to Marittima. :mad:

If you dont want to pay the water taxi, you can take the hotel shuttle to either spot and then take the Vaporetto to P. Roma and from there you can either walk (not recommend with lots of luggage), port shuttle (operated on Sat, Sun & Mon) or land taxi.

We will be staying at Lido, and if the BLU line from San Marco works, it would be perfect for us to board Emerald Princess on Oct 3. HOWEVER, Oct 3 is Friday, and the BLU line does not run to Marittima. :mad:

I did not notice the days the Alilaguna runs.... do you have a link?

The closest vaporetto stop to the port is the Piazalle Roma Stop. Once you get off it's about a 15 minute "schlepp" (walk) to the port or you could catch a taxi right there to the port (a taxi ride would take less than 5 minutes). If you are staying in Venice for a night then once you get to Venice go to any (most) vaporetto stops and purchase a vaporetto pass (good for 24 hours, 48 hours, etc). The clock starts ticking once you validate your pass.

The closest vaporetto stop to the port is the Piazalle Roma Stop. Once you get off it's about a 15 minute "schlepp" (walk) to the port or you could catch a taxi right there to the port (a taxi ride would take less than 5 minutes). If you are staying in Venice for a night then once you get to Venice go to any (most) vaporetto stops and purchase a vaporetto pass (good for 24 hours, 48 hours, etc). The clock starts ticking once you validate your pass.

Is the taxi from Pizzale Rome a water taxi or one with wheels that goes on roads?!

I will be spending the night before our cruise on the Splendour of the Seas in November. I will be staying at the Hilton Molino Stuckey. The hotel has a shuttle to either Zattere or St Marks. Looking at a map, Zattere is closer to the port. My research so far leads me to think that I can catch one of the Alilaguna water buses to the port. My question is 'What stop'? It looks like there are stops for the BLU Line (San Marco-Stazione Marittima), for cruise passengers and the RED LINE (Airport to Zattere), with intermediate stops at San Marco, Arsenale, Lido, and Murano Museo. Any help is appreciated in figuring this out. I would rather not have to resort to the water taxis.

Thanks

Just off Grand Princess that ended in Venice and used Alilaguna for transport from ship to St. Marks. This is the easiest way to get to and from your ship. Take your free hotel shuttle to St Marks Square. There are several floating stations for the boats to dock at. Check for the one that lists the Alilaguna stop. There are charts showing the routes. Download times from the internet as they are not listed. BLue line goes between St. Marks and Station marittima. Tickets are 6 E plus 3 for 1 large piece of luggage. They do not charge for carry on pieces. Doesn't matter where you get on, the price is the same. Alilaguna docks at the end of the slot that services the cruise ships. It will be a one minute walk to the terminal. Total time between St Marks and port is 30 minutes. There is a large space at front of boat that holds all the luggage. Crew will take it from you as you board and retrieve as you leave. It is pretty much an even step off the boat.

Should you need transport from airport to St. marks, Alilaguna also has service from the airport which is only 12 E and includes luggage. Takes one hour. Just used the red line to get from Arsenale to airport in one hour. It is a 7-10 minute walk to terminal. There were taxis if you wanted to pay to get to the dock and not do the short walk mostly under covered walkway.

For a no hassle inexpensive transfer, Alilaguna is the way to go.

If you dont want to pay the water taxi, you can take the hotel shuttle to either spot and then take the Vaporetto to P. Roma and from there you can either walk (not recommend with lots of luggage), port shuttle (operated on Sat, Sun & Mon) or land taxi.

We are also staying on the Lido (at Sheraton Des Bains resort) on the 2nd and boarding the Emerald on the 3rd. Would you be interested in sharing cost of a water taxi to port??? We are planning on taking the Alilaguna from airport to Lido on Thursday the 2nd (I have been on their site but havent looked at days of operation, I assumed they run daily). We are flying nonstop on Delta out of JFK and arriving about 10 am I believe (if we are on same flight could also consider sharing water taxi to Lido if interested). Let me know----Thanks,

Teresa

Archived