Need help pricing TA airfare

happy cruzer

Just an FYI, American does not show up on Kayak and since they would give you the most options out of DFW you may want to look at their site.

Basically though you are looking for two one ways as yours is not a true open jaw itinerary.

Looking at a transatlantic cruise on RCI.

I would need to book air for

DFW to London Wed Nov 5 (red eye would be fine), cruise departs on Nov 6

FLL to DFW Wed Nov 19

Checked Kayak and Expedia and both well over $1000.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Pricing on Expedia: American/Lot over Warsaw, 805.40 per person, including tax....lowest fare.

Return--

Southwest website: Ft. Lauderdale to Dallas/Love Field, 130.00 including tax...pricing a late afternoon flight.

Under 1000 but inconvenient.....I'd do it, though. Heck, once my butt is in a seat on the airline, I'm on vacation.

Your best cost is most likely:

Get to Ohare and take Aer Lingus from there. I found a routing for $564 for this combo.

SW will likley be the cheapest coming back.

Please note: I priced out the flight over to LON leaving 4 Nov, not for the fifth. Taking a 3-flight route overseas without a day for problems is asking for trouble.

Get to Ohare and take Aer Lingus from there. I found a routing for $564 for this combo.

Please note: I priced out the flight over to LON leaving 4 Nov, not for the fifth. Taking a 3-flight route overseas without a day for problems is asking for trouble.

I second this, BUT. You will have to play with the departure dates and departure cities. ORD is full for Nov 4 and 5 when you try to book a complete trip to LON. A few seats left out of BOS on the 4th-same thing. A few seats out of JFK. But this was trying to book ONE TICKET all the way to London.

I can see prices (playing with the dates from the 3rd to the 5th of Nov) of less than $500.00 one way to London, with a stop in Dublin. EASY, EASY airport to negotiate. The sale fares MUST be booked by today-but you can travel until April. You MAY have to book two tickets to get the special fares-one way to Dublin/then a separate ticket from DUB to London. But easy to do and AE is one of the FEW airlines which allows the USA luggage allowance (2 bags, 80 pounds total) for intra-Europe travel. Good luck!!!

Thanks everyone! It really helped to be able to get a good price on air.

After adding all the items. The fantastic deal on the TA turned out to be a normal deal on a TA. But it helped knowing the air part.

Having just done a TA, I'm being a little picky on booking another at the last minute. Still doing my research. Thanks!

Looking at a transatlantic cruise on RCI.

I would need to book air for

DFW to London Wed Nov 5 (red eye would be fine), cruise departs on Nov 6

FLL to DFW Wed Nov 19

Checked Kayak and Expedia and both well over $1000.

Aer Lingus to DUB/Dublin are the only airline that generally offer one way for 1/2 the price of a return across the atlantic.

Which means in you'd have to fly DFW-(IAD/ORD/JFK/BOS)-DUB and on to England from there.

Also, don't limit your airport choice to London (LHR/LGW) add Birmingham/BHX to the mix. Despite being a much further distance to Southampton, there's a direct train (from BHX airport to Southampton Central - 1/2 mile from the cruise ships) that's only 2hr15 (LHR bus is 2h, LGW train is 2h).

Or, fly into any major EU city and from there, take a FlyBE flight to Southampton/SOU directly. For example, FlyBE fly DUB-SOU (6 miles from the cruise terminal) for as low as 10Euro. See if you can get a cheap flight to any major EU city (AMS,BRU,CDG,FRA etc) and then catch a flight to Southampton.

I'd be VERY concerned about arriving on the day of cruise though with a lot of changes, can you go a day early?

Southwest does not operate out of DFW, they fly out of Love Field.

OP would have to catch a taxi or shuttle to/from both airports but that might be less expensive than parking the car for 2 weeks at the airport.

Southwest does not operate out of DFW, they fly out of Love Field.

OP would have to catch a taxi or shuttle to/from both airports but that might be less expensive than parking the car for 2 weeks at the airport.

The cab fare is about $30.00. Been there, done that. But why would you need to transfer airports? Flying to London from DFW is just tooo expensive when you can buy a cheapie ticket to an AerLingus gateway and save large dollars.

cost from DFW to London on US Air through Philadelphia is $409. Figure you can check out FLL to DFW easily enough. Are you going on Independence? Me, too. Booking air through bt-store.com.

Pat from Virginia

A couple of things about BTS:

You do realize that you are buying consolidator class tickets???? IF you have a problem (doesn't matter what kind-mechanical, crew, weather, etc), your tickets are NON ENDORSABLE to another airline, so you are essentially STUCK flying US Air on a space available basis. May be a couple hours or a couple of days before there is space available.

BTS has an unsecure server. This was reported on another travel website and I have tried it with three different connections on three different computer systems-my laptop, my office system and the computer in the Admiral's Club at DFW. BE CAREFUL-your credit card may be compromised. Below is the warning you get. IF you can connect to their server, please be aware that it is an unsecure connection.

bt-store.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown.

BTS was the company that FORCED a traveler to either pay a HUGE ($300) change fee if another ticket was available or travel on the specific flight when the airline changed the flight schedule. BTS essentially said 'you booked flight XXXX, you have a ticket on flight XXXX, you will fly on flight XXX, even though the schedule for flight XXX has changed to a time that you cannot make the flight. The traveler was disembarking a cruise and the flight was changed to a flight that was about 4 hours tooo early. It was either pay the fee to change or loose the ticket.

The change fees on BTS are HUGE (can be up to $500). MAKE SURE you pick flights that allow enough time between flights for glitches-weather, crew, luggage, etc.

And finally, (nothing to do with BTS)-a connection on US Air in PHL is THE WORST connection you can make. The baggage handlers STILL do not have a contract that is ratified (3 years after the AmWest/US Air merger). Baggage gets "lost" in PHL on US Air more than any other connection.

Good luck!!!

Archived