Zuiderdam balcony cabins?

lilyhammer

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what (if any) difference there is between balcony cabins (VA through VE) on the Zuiderdam. Looking at the deck plans, it seems which floor may be the only difference, though I can't figure out why a VD (in the middle of the deck) is cheaper than a VC (at the ends of the deck). Do some of these have a bigger balcony? Smaller room? Does something block the balcony? Are the balcony's such that people on higher floors can see into your balcony? Sorry for the stupid questions.

Thanks for your help.

Exclusive of suites, it seems that the more expensive/desirable balcony staterooms are higher up and in the fore/aft areas where the balcony is as far out as the width as the hull. Then for the indented areas, the central balcony's are more expensive as there is less up-down motion in the center of the ship than the ones towards the ends. Some of the least expensive balcony staterooms may also lack a tub in the bathroom.

There are no balconys w/ blocked views, and the balconys on the side are not stepped (like those of Princess' Grand-Class ships)

For the most part it's like real estate on land: "Location, Location, Location".

For some reason on deck 4 ths balconys are bigger too, rooms are the same as others. We stayed in 4135 and loved it! Also some of the balconeys on either the aft or stern have metal sheeting instead of glass window on the railings, they are marked on the ship map. :)

On the Vista class ships, Zuider- Ooster- and Westerdam, the verandah cabins on Verandah deck that are in the central, indented section of the ship, have somewhat smaller verandahs. The cabin size generally is the same.

The verandah width is the same as the others, but the depth is 12 to 18 inches less. They are still very usable, and many people feel the more central location is preferable because motion can be less.

On many ships, the more centrally located verandah cabins would comand a higher price. But because of the slightly smaller verandahs on the indented

section of the Vista ships, those cabins generally are a bit less.

Also, in the indented section of the Verandah deck the verandahs look down onto the lifeboats, so you can't see the hull of the ship at the waterline, which is no biggie IMO. There is no obstruction to looking out to sea, however.

I saw somewhere that the regular verandahs were 48 sq ft and those in the indented section were 41 sq ft. I have no idea if those figures are correct, but it sounds about right.

The verandahs across the stern are much larger than any of the side verandah cabins.

I hope this explanation is clear enough to be helpful.

Thank you for all your replies...that makes a lot of sense. I couldn't tell from the deck plans, but the veranda size did appear a little smaller in the center of the ship. Does that extra space really make any difference? Do these balconies only have enough space for 2 chairs?

Archived