Hilton Molino Stucky Venice

Acrusa

Just booked 3 day pre in Venice July 26th Cruise on Insignia.We are doing this on our own and breakfast not included.

I have heard from some people that breakfast at the hotel is very expensive.Is there an alternitive besides the hotel on the Island of Giudecca?

We ussaly just have danish juice and coffee in our room,we are not big breakfast eaters. Are there coffee makers in the rooms?

It is a lovely place in a converted old flour mill. New and beautiful. What made it even more better (how's that for abusing the language?) is that you can see the Oceania Insignia docked right across the canal. In the AM, having spotted the ship on arrival the afternoon before, we simply took the hotel's comp shuttle across and walked the equivalent of about 2 blocks to the maritime terminal check in area. We did so at 9:30 AM, deposited all of our luggage with the porters, and off we went to the sights of Venice. Very, very convenient.

Now as to eating on Guidecca: we found it charming, residential and not at all touristy. Walking away from the hotel on the waterfront "promenade"will bring you to a group of stores and restaurants that are clustered on either side of the vaporetto stop at which we arrived on the island. We had dinner at one of them and it was a delight. We had our breakfast by walking in the AM to the bakery on the same pathway, it's just before most of the restaurants. You can also stop at the local supermarket which is behind the restaurant/bakery area by a block or two.

Between the hotel and the restaurant area I mentioned is a branch of Harry's, the renowned Venice site; it looked elegant, was certainly a tablecloth facility, but we did not stop there.

If by chance you're a sports fan: the first name on the doorbell of the first apartment of the first building we walked by on the way to the supermarket, was Zamboni.

Write again if you have any more questions. You can check the comp shuttle schedule either on line or by e-mailing the hotel's concierge, as we did.

Thank you for that most imfomative message.

I have been asking the Hilton for the hotels E Mail and they tell me they dont have one. That I should call them.If you dont mind I would love to have you give me there E Mail address as I would like to arrange for them to pick me up at the airport.

I have contacted AIRPORTS-SHUTTLE and they can arrange to pick us up.

Who did you use.

Thanks

You won't need the hotel's shuttle information unless you are planning to use it, which I recommend doing. You might try to find the hotel's unique web site or ask Hilton again for their e-mail address, as I no longer have it.

I KNOW they have an address and that the concierge not only sent me the schedule back and forth to San Marco and an intermediate stop (might be Zatterre, the stop closer to the terminal, or something like that) but he/she also sent me a map showing their routing. I was able to put that to use when I took the airport shuttle boat to a central terminal and changed to the vaporetto to Guidecca.

You can look at the vaporetto and airport shuttle maps on line and put the routing together yourself and quite easily so.

One tip from memory: the hotel's shuttle shuts down for lunch about 12:30 PM for about an hour.

A second tip: it might be easier to take the airport shuttle to the hotel shuttle stop that I noted above or to San Marco and then hop on the hotel shuttle which, not surprisingly drops you off right at the entrance to the hotel. The 2 hotel stops (San Marco and Zatttere(?) are but a few steps from the vaporetto stops. The vaporetto stop on Guidecca is a short walk from the hotel but further than the walk from San Marco and and, for reference, futher than the walk from Z to the cruise terminal.

Archived