Book now or wait til I am on board next week?

Sorry search is not working again. To all of you repeat cruisers, I am looking at a short cruise in Nov. and not sure whether or not I should go ahead and book it now or wait til I am on Freedom this coming week. What are some of the benefits if any booking a cruise while on a cruise? Freedom will be our 4th cruise so we are still only gold member status. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I have learned so much from ya'll on this board, Thank you! :)

If you book your future cruise while on a cruise, you will get OBC, depending on the number of nights for that sailing. For a short cruise, you will get $50 OBC for the cabin, not per person. Hey, $50 will easily pay for dinner for two at a specialty restaurant, or could go towards your bar tab, spa treatment, or excursions.

Have a great cruise!

Karen

If you book on the cruise you get on board credits and some other stuff I think...my mom always wanted to touture me with the post cruise blues and we never booked one on board....I am considering doing it since I will be 21 next december and can take a cruise myself!

Can I book a cruise for a Feb 2010 date even though I wont be 21 until dec 09??

As the others have indicated; wait unless there is a specific cabin you want to book. Better to get the OBC. Suggestio: see the LA as soon as possible because sometimes they get overwhelmed the last day of the cruise and you can't even get an appointment.

Have a great cruise. Love the Navigator!

Kathy

If you book your future cruise while on a cruise, you will get OBC, depending on the number of nights for that sailing. For a short cruise, you will get $50 OBC for the cabin, not per person. Hey, $50 will easily pay for dinner for two at a specialty restaurant, or could go towards your bar tab, spa treatment, or excursions.

Have a great cruise!

Karen

I bought a Nextcruise and I am ready to book a 10 day - Does anyone know what OBC I will get for a 10day cruise if I use my Nextcruise reservation#?

Thanks- I am trying to decided if I should use the Nextcruise reservation or the 125.00 coupon for this sailing!:confused:

See I knew you all would help me out. New development though........I just checked RCL website for Monarch cruise on 21st of November and they now have a residency special rate. What are the chances or can I still get this discount when I book next week on cruise? I love OBC lol.

Never wait until you get on the ship. Book now if you like the price and then when you get on the ship cancel the first one and rebook for the onboard credit .

The reason you do it this way is incase the price of the cruise you pick goes up before you get a chance to book it onboard.

Sometimes the onboard credit is less $$$ in your favor if the price goes up.

Don't wait, BOOK IT NOW!!

Above posters are wrong.

Jimbo

I bought a Nextcruise and I am ready to book a 10 day - Does anyone know what OBC I will get for a 10day cruise if I use my Nextcruise reservation#?

Thanks- I am trying to decided if I should use the Nextcruise reservation or the 125.00 coupon for this sailing!:confused:

Both ! unless there is a limit on the coupon.

Does anyone know if they give you residence rate specials or any other specials if available when booking cruise on a cruise? Sorry to keep asking just really trying to understand all the perks of booking next cruise while on a cruise. Thanks :)

Yes you will get the lowest rate including any and all applicable discounts.

See I knew you all would help me out. New development though........I just checked RCL website for Monarch cruise on 21st of November and they now have a residency special rate. What are the chances or can I still get this discount when I book next week on cruise? I love OBC lol.

How can you tell if there is a residency rate??? I've already gone thru the whole reservation thing and put in my state, etc. and I never noticed anything. I'm just assuming there never was a residency rate for any of my cruises or I would have seen something. Is this correct???

How can you tell if there is a residency rate??? I've already gone thru the whole reservation thing and put in my state, etc. and I never noticed anything. I'm just assuming there never was a residency rate for any of my cruises or I would have seen something. Is this correct???

If there was a residency rate you would see the regular rate and then right under it, it will say "resident rate" (or wording similar, don't remember exactly) and give the discounted price, the same holds true for senior and military rates. If you don't see the two prices then nothing is being offered.

Sue is right, I have been watching this cruise everyday for the past 2 wks. and today when I checked or did a pretend reservation it came up with the residence rate. It is posted under the regular rate and highlighted in red. I wonder though if the residence rate is limited time. Would you know Sue? Sry I am gonna drive you crazy:D .

If there was a residency rate you would see the regular rate and then right under it, it will say "resident rate" (or wording similar, don't remember exactly) and give the discounted price, the same holds true for senior and military rates. If you don't see the two prices then nothing is being offered.

By rthe way....THANKS!!!!! I figured that's how it would work, but because it has never happened, I wasn't sure!:D

Sue is right, I have been watching this cruise everyday for the past 2 wks. and today when I checked or did a pretend reservation it came up with the residence rate. It is posted under the regular rate and highlighted in red. I wonder though if the residence rate is limited time. Would you know Sue? Sry I am gonna drive you crazy:D .

You are not driving me crazy, I am a TA so this is what I do, heheheheheh!!! The length of the offer is completely dependent on how it is selling and the discounts could be pulled at any time, there really is no way of knowing though most times they are for around a week.

yes..they can come and go at any time.....

Thanks again! As I am going to be doing Freedom next week, will have to get the best deal I can get on this short one. Treating my mom to her first cruise, she only wanted a short one which is fine with me as this will be first time on Monarch. I loved Sovereign and Majesty. Thanks again!

The Promowave specials that come out usually every Tuesday show the cruises with residency rate. I would take this to mean that they are good for a week until the next Promowave list comes out or until the cabin catagory offered is sold to a certain level. Cheak below on page 4 and 5 for last week's specials and use same link to cheak tomorrow. Promowave specials come out later in the day usually in the mid afternoon and are usually delayed a day after a holiday or long weekend.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/promowave/RCL.pdf.

Archived