It wsa bound to happen - chair hogs

Deaf Dude

G'MA you need to relax a little. Hubby knows how to act in public. I was making a joke. I have noticed from many threads that you seam to have an answer for everything and sometimes they can come across a know it all :p

Oh....you noticed that too? LOL:D

Dr Ruth was a sweet old bittie

I picture more of a Ruth Buzzie hitting everyone with her purse!:p

I hear ya!:D

I like many of you feel that hogging a chair is wrong, first off there is not enough for everyone, so I think the cruise lines should have a time limit on the use of the chairs, if you are in one then it is a 2 hour time limit, if you leave your chair to go swimming, let someone use it while you are gone, but agree with them ahead of time, when you get back that they have to give it back to you, if you go to get a drink or something then have a 10 or 15 minute time limit, it should not take any longer than then that to get a drink or something. If I saw one of these on a chair that has not been used for quite some time, I would just take it off, fold it nicely and throw it over board.

I like many of you feel that hogging a chair is wrong, first off there is not enough for everyone, so I think the cruise lines should have a time limit on the use of the chairs, if you are in one then it is a 2 hour time limit, if you leave your chair to go swimming, let someone use it while you are gone, but agree with them ahead of time, when you get back that they have to give it back to you, if you go to get a drink or something then have a 10 or 15 minute time limit, it should not take any longer than then that to get a drink or something. If I saw one of these on a chair that has not been used for quite some time, I would just take it off, fold it nicely and throw it over board.

There are enough chairs for everyone, they're just not right around the pool. I have never been on a cruise where I could not find a chair, in the sun. Everyone is crammed around the pool, the "most desirable" spot (for whatever reason). But I have always been able to find a chair & I rarely make it to the pool before 11AM. There doesn't need to be a time limit. People just need to realize they might get a chair right around the pool.

Women after my own heart! I will give someone 30 minutes or so and then I will ever so politely go over, remove the stuff off of the chair, put it to the side and sit my little rear right in the chair. It someone is man, or woman enough, to come and yell at me, so be it. But it still won't get me out of the chair. If I have to sit there all day to make a point, I will.

Waitors bring the drinks.. does not cost you anymore!

If someone leaves their chair for more than thirty minutes the staff will even tell someone to move it so they can have the chair.. With that said.. I have still never had the problem of not getting a lounger.. it may not be front row and center to the pool but so what!

Hi Trock,

So the waiters bring you drinks while you are lounging by the pool. I wasn't sure how this is my 1st cruise. This is sweet. Ok guys I might be less then 10 minutes going to the bathroom. Will this be ok. LOL :)

Hi Trock,

So the waiters bring you drinks while you are lounging by the pool. I wasn't sure how this is my 1st cruise. This is sweet. Ok guys I might be less then 10 minutes going to the bathroom. Will this be ok. LOL :)

Totally Sweet! if you are lounging they come by and some have even approached us if we are sitting with our feet in the pool..You really dont need to think about anything except what you are going to do next!

Have fun!!!

Women after my own heart! I will give someone 30 minutes or so and then I will ever so politely go over, remove the stuff off of the chair, put it to the side and sit my little rear right in the chair. It someone is man, or woman enough, to come and yell at me, so be it. But it still won't get me out of the chair. If I have to sit there all day to make a point, I will.

You will be there all day. So that means you will potty on yourself. LOL :D

Like I've said before will you be standing there for 30 minutes to see if the person comes back. Honestly I do agree it is wrong to leave something on a chair for longer than 30 minutes. If I am going to be gone for longer than that I will take me stuff do what I have to do and return and find another chair at that time. But some cruisers take it to seriously and removing someones belongs is just as bad.

Like I've said before will you be standing there for 30 minutes to see if the person comes back. Honestly I do agree it is wrong to leave something on a chair for longer than 30 minutes. If I am going to be gone for longer than that I will take me stuff do what I have to do and return and find another chair at that time. But some cruisers take it to seriously and removing someones belongs is just as bad.

I didn't realize from your earlier posts (or your signature - duh!) that this was your first cruise. I don't think you will have any problems. You already seem more aware of the "line" then the chair hogs do. It's kind of a balancing act, you don't want to "hog" the chairs, but you also don't want someone on chair patrol to snag your chair because you go to the bathroom for a few minutes.

If you want to see an even bigger controversy on here, ask about the dress code in the main dining room. That's another hot button! :D

Enjoy your cruise. It is a lovely way to travel.

I didn't realize from your earlier posts (or your signature - duh!) that this was your first cruise. I don't think you will have any problems. You already seem more aware of the "line" then the chair hogs do. It's kind of a balancing act, you don't want to "hog" the chairs, but you also don't want someone on chair patrol to snag your chair because you go to the bathroom for a few minutes.

If you want to see an even bigger controversy on here, ask about the dress code in the main dining room. That's another hot button! :D

Enjoy your cruise. It is a lovely way to travel.

Yep 1st cruise and I can't wait but also a little scared with some off the vertern cruisers and what they have to say about what to do what not to do. It's a vacation (holiday) just relax and enjoy yourselfs and just use common sense.

I hope to enjoy it and I beleive I will be hooked after November 2nd. What am I thinking I think I'm hooked already..LOL:)

We're sailing Oct 11 on the Glory. Our first Carnival cruise, and my first post. Just bought two of theses for our trip. Love everything about them. Hate to fix my towel every time I get up. Love the personal touch. And truly hope I don't catch nobody jeckin on either one of them. At 17.99 a piece, there just maybe more than my chair saver going overboard! Hope to see ya on board.

Allena:cool:

Yep 1st cruise and I can't wait but also a little scared with some off the vertern cruisers and what they have to say about what to do what not to do. It's a vacation (holiday) just relax and enjoy yourselfs and just use common sense.

I hope to enjoy it and I beleive I will be hooked after November 2nd. What am I thinking I think I'm hooked already..LOL:)

I am sure you will enjoy your cruise. We loved the Sensation, We also celebrated our 10 yr ann. on the Sensation. You can see the video @ http://www.mrtimbrown.com/My_Cruise_Videos/Pages/Sensation_1_2007.html also our photo gallery http://www.mrtimbrown.com/My_Cruise_Photos/Pages/Sensation.html. I surprised DW with a renewal of vows ceremony.

Enjoy your Cruise :D

I am sure you will enjoy your cruise. We loved the Sensation, We also celebrated our 10 yr ann. on the Sensation. You can see the video @ http://www.mrtimbrown.com/My_Cruise_Videos/Pages/Sensation_1_2007.html also our photo gallery http://www.mrtimbrown.com/My_Cruise_Photos/Pages/Sensation.html. I surprised DW with a renewal of vows ceremony.

Enjoy your Cruise :D

Thanks REDZONE, these pics where great. What a great way to spend a anniversary. We are not going to renewal our vows because we feel bad that the our little rascals are not going to be there, but we did ahead of time request that our cabin be decked out in anniversary decorations. LOL

Thanks REDZONE, these pics where great. What a great way to spend a anniversary. We are not going to renewal our vows because we feel bad that the our little rascals are not going to be there, but we did ahead of time request that our cabin be decked out in anniversary decorations. LOL

My son moved out 2 years ago. We're still celebrating ;) . Try a Miami Vice (Frozen Drink) you will like..

We don't stand around waiting for the chairs - we'll take a higher up chair and keep an eye out for awhile. Did that for an hour once - then asked people in neighbouring chairs if they'd seen the previous occupants recently. They said they hadn't been there for 3 hours! Just dropped their stuff and left.

My DH and I moved their stuff down to a single chair aways away, and sat ourselves down. 1.5 hours later, a couple comes strolling up, and asked where their stuff went. We pointed to the chair, asking 'Is that what you're asking about?'. They briefly tried to politely (I don't mean that sarcastically - they were polite about it) argue, but we pointed out that they hadn't been there for hours, and they gave up.

Archived