Crown Princess docking Nov/St Thomas

Oh2Travel

I realize that the Crown is still in Europe. I've searched through the VI info site for docking information in ST Thomas but the Nov schedule isn't yet available. Can anyone out there in the know tell me where the Crown will dock in St Thomas 11/6/08? Anyone w/ feedback on the new docking area (services, shopping,etc) in case that's where we'll be?

Crown will dry dock on 12/7/08

They will be updating the ship with flat-screen TVs, new lamps, and other 'software' changes to cabins. WiFi in all cabins for example. And all ships will have the SeaMobile cell service and WiFi in public areas by the end of the year.

The vinow dot com website will tell you where you're docking (Crown Bay or Havensight) but the schedule's not up yet for November.

Last time in STT I thought we'd be at Crown Bay (as we were the prior year with Carib Princess), but the QM2 and a HAL ship were at Crown Bay so we went to Havensight, where the shopping is better than Crown Bay. Crown Bay is a bit farther removed from everything touristy.

Where you dock that day is dependent upon how many premium Carnival Corporation ships (Cunard, HAL, etc.) are in port that day.

The vinow dot com website will tell you where you're docking (Crown Bay or Havensight) but the schedule's not up yet for November.

Last time in STT I thought we'd be at Crown Bay (as we were the prior year with Carib Princess), but the QM2 and a HAL ship were at Crown Bay so we went to Havensight, where the shopping is better than Crown Bay. Crown Bay is a bit farther removed from everything touristy.

Where you dock that day is dependent upon how many premium Carnival Corporation ships (Cunard, HAL, etc.) are in port that day.

I hadn't heard of a Princess ship docking at Havensight in a few years now. :(

Rcacace:

I was on Crown Princess this past December and we went to Havensight for the reasons I mentioned above--the dock was full at Crown.

Next time in STT (November) there are only two ships that day, Emerald and Carnival Victory, so I'm sure we'll be at Crown. Unfortunately (I prefer Havensight).

My mom and I will be on the Nov. 30th sailing of the Crown. My wife didn't want to go and my mom keeps saying "I want to go on one more cruise before I get too old and can't do it anymore".

She is only 68 years old (my mom) and gets around great.

We were hoping for Havensight since we want to be sure to go into town. There is a place she always goes to to have a drink in honor of my grandmother (she passed away in 1995).

Can't vouch for accuracy but...

I read somewhere in these forums that when there are two grand class Princess ships in STT at the same time, the ship that makes fewer calls on STT will be at Havensight.

Have also read that QM2 has priority at Crown Bay because she can't dock at Havensight.

On our December trip on Crown, QM2 is in St.Thomas on same day and I've got everything crossed hoping we get to dock at Havensight. Would love a change of scene

This past April we did B2B on the Crown. One week we docked at Havensight and one week at Crown Bay. Our Havensight docking had the Queen at Crown Bay.

Either way, If you dock at Crown Bay, the taxi to Havensight is a short and inexpensive taxi ride. I don't remember the actual cost.

I thought Crown Bay was quite built up compared to what I had read on these boards, although nothing compares to what is at Havensight. Of course if you have a particular watering hole that you want to visit, that's were you go.

I'm not a big one for the shopping anyway, I could just walk around the town and people watch, while the DW tries to wear the numbers off the credit card.:D

Crown will dry dock on 12/7/08

They will be updating the ship with flat-screen TVs, new lamps, and other 'software' changes to cabins. WiFi in all cabins for example. And all ships will have the SeaMobile cell service and WiFi in public areas by the end of the year.

Thanks for the info on dry dock for the Crown,,,we are going on Jan.4,09 cruise...Hope she does dock in Havensight,,,love that little shopping area:D ....

Thanks for the info on dry dock for the Crown,,,we are going on Jan.4,09 cruise...Hope she does dock in Havensight,,,love that little shopping area:D ....

Well you're in for a big shock at Crown Bay- There's practically nothing except a bunch of empty stores unless they've been occupied in the last few months. The last few times we were there we walked into town for exercise & although dock area is all new the whole area between the dock & town is a depressed sight, dirty gas stations, garbage lying around, welding shops, abandoned houses, etc. Not something you would go out of the way to see. At least Havensight had something to offer.

I hadn't heard of a Princess ship docking at Havensight in a few years now.
We docked at Havensight in February 2008 while on the Emerald.

Well you're in for a big shock at Crown Bay- There's practically nothing except a bunch of empty stores unless they've been occupied in the last few months.
Not necessarily! There is a small chance the ship will dock at Havensight. If so, great!

If not, the shops at Crown Bay are gradually filling up. On our July 2008 CB cruise we docked at Crown Bay. There were quite a few more stores open than in August 2007.

I would say that most people do not walk into town. Taking a cab is quick and easy and bypasses the unsightly industrial areas pretty quickly.

Whether you dock at Havensight or Crown Bay, the real shopping is in downtown Charlotte Amalie. We always go into town wherever we dock.

Lew

Archived