Room Service

CRUZCOOL

My DH and I don't want to eat in the main dinning room. Last year we did request a private table for two b/c it was our anniversary. So, they just pulled a small table one foot away from a large table. It was not private and did not like it. We were done with our meal before other tables received their dinners. So, we are thinking of skipping it all together. My question is that can we order some of the dinning room entrees through room service? We have a balcony and would like to have private dinners there but don't want to be limited to burgers, sandwiches, and trays from windjammer.

Yes, many, but not all, of the entrees in the dining room that night will be available on room service. On most of the ships, the day's entrees will be listed on the TV, and can be ordered using the interactive TV system. Otherwise, look at the menu outside the DR, then call room seivice and ask which are available.

We have a balcony and would like to have private dinners there but don't want to be limited to burgers, sandwiches, and trays from windjammer.

Please keep in mind that unless you have a full sized suite, the balconies do not really have enough room for a table which can accommodate your dinner plates, drinks, etc. There is usually just one very small table and two upright chairs.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2374168820090485240CqPFRY

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2601973380032656412ScBRbf

Did you request the table when you booked or just when you got into the dining room. If you just asked for the table when you walked in, there isn't much they can do as the tables are preassigned.

I personally would give the dining room another chance. I'd get bored with eating in the room. I've always loved eating in the dining room and meeting new people.

We requested the table when we booked the cruise. We saw other two tops that were next to the windows. We do not like the formalness of the dinning room. Plus, we are trying to avoid the extra outfit packing. We do have reservations in Chops for our anniversary. But we are dressing to the miminum for it.

We requested the table when we booked the cruise. We saw other two tops that were next to the windows. We do not like the formalness of the dinning room. Plus, we are trying to avoid the extra outfit packing. We do have reservations in Chops for our anniversary. But we are dressing to the miminum for it.

Sometimes there are small tables next to a window sometimes there are not. The table set up may change from cruise to cruise depending on the request for small and large tables as well as how many groups onboard and what size they are.

Your changes of getting a 'private' table in the MDR are slim to none.

We have often dined in the Windjammer on those evenings when we did not want to go to the dining room. Although it is a buffet, the atmosphere is very different from breakfast and lunch. The tables are often set with tablecloths, the lighting is dimmed, we have never encountered crowds, and many of the same items served in the dining room may be available. They also have a Mongolian buffet where you select your meats, veggies and sauce and they will stir fry them for you. Small steaks are often available which can be custom grilled. Often you will see the captain and officers dining there. It has always been a very pleasant, relaxed dining experience for us.

I can understand your not wanting the formality of the dining room. There have been times when we felt the same way.

Make your request now, and then check when you board. Then, you can make your decision.

Depending on your ship, you may have the option of a specialty restaurant where you are guaranteed a table for only your party.

An above poster is correct about trying to eat a full meal off of a coffee table--it's no fun! A regular balcony room is small and with an entire tray or two of plates, glasses, utensils, condiments.....well, you get the picture. Your balcony has a small patio table--again, knee height.

My DH and I don't want to eat in the main dinning room. Last year we did request a private table for two b/c it was our anniversary. So, they just pulled a small table one foot away from a large table. It was not private and did not like it. We were done with our meal before other tables received their dinners. So, we are thinking of skipping it all together. My question is that can we order some of the dinning room entrees through room service? We have a balcony and would like to have private dinners there but don't want to be limited to burgers, sandwiches, and trays from windjammer.

Something that some folks complain about is the back room of most of the dining rooms. We were stuck into the back room once and after our initial shock we actually really liked it back there. We had about 4 tables in there, we were seated with one other couple, and it was really quite intimate. You could certainly talk to the matre de and ask to be seated in the "private dining room."

Depending on what ship you're on you could also eat at cafe prommenade, sorrentos, johnny rockets or sea view. There are options to eat all over the ship and in many venues and you can certainly do whatever you want, wherever you want

Archived