Clear Card

forensic

No. I am not interested in providing personal information to yet another company. Also, I honestly don't see the advantage. You don't really bypass security; you still have to go through the metal detectors and xray machines, and even on the worst days, I have yet to wait that long in the regular security line. It's not even available at my home airport.

Not worth it, IMO.

I have the equivalent for land crossings between the U.S. and Canada. That pass is called Nexus.

The problem with that program is things have become so congested, there's usually a long backup there as well.

I predict this will work fine - for a while - in the airports that use Clear Pass. As the system becomes more widespread, expect the same backups I experience with Nexus.

These systems are the first step in requiring something more than a passport to travel. While you don't hear it mentioned much these days, when Nexus began, travelers were cautioned in the event of another 9-11 crisis, only Nexus holders would be permitted to cross the border.

RIght now it's only planned for one terminal in the airport I use most, a terminal I hardly ever use. If it becomes available in my more used terminals I'll probably give it a try, though my gold/platinum status usually gives me a jumpstart on the regular security lines. Doesn't get me through the security process any quicker, just provides a shorter line.

Archived