switching cabins once on board

gabbygirl123

My husband and I are taking our daughter, who will be 12months, and my mother on a cruise. Originally, my husband, me, and the baby were in a balcony cabin and my mom was down a few decks in an inside room. We are paying for my mom to go so that's why she was getting an interior room. We have since reconsidered and decided to book her in the balcony room next to ours. This is what caused the problem though... It was going to cost $700.00 more to book her as a single in a balcony, but it would only cost about $300.00 more to move one of us into her room and book two balcony rooms with 2 people each. Then the plan would be to just move the baby back into our room once on board. The reservations person told me that we wouldn't be able to do this because when we went down to 2 people per cabin we would lose the original cabin that could hold 3 people. He said that it doesn't matter if one person in the room uses a bed or a crib, it still has to be booked as a 3 person occupancy cabin. So, we said fine baby will just stay in my mom's cabin. Now, what if baby won't sleep in my mom's cabin? Do you think the room steward will be willing to move the pack and play (provided by the cruiseline) to our cabin? Our cabins are next door to each other. I guess our other option is to leave the pack and play in mom's cabin and at night sleep in her cabin and in the daytime swap cabins back?? I just hope that we can move the pack and play and considered problem solved. What do you all think?

I'm doing it in January. Have booked adjoining cabins for two people each, but my twins and I will sleep in one and a friend will sleep in the other.

I know from experience cruising alone with my twins that even though my toddlers and I only use one bed, we are required to take a cabin with 3 beds and I can not request a queen configuration prior to the cruise. But once on board, the cabin steward arranges the bed the way we prefer.

Years ago on a cruise with my husband, we ate with a woman who said her friend and sailing companion had completely moved into the cabin of a man she met on board. :rolleyes:

I'm sure the cabin steward will be happy to set up the pack n play in whichever room you request.

Best,

Mia

My husband and I are taking our daughter, who will be 12months, and my mother on a cruise. Originally, my husband, me, and the baby were in a balcony cabin and my mom was down a few decks in an inside room. We are paying for my mom to go so that's why she was getting an interior room. We have since reconsidered and decided to book her in the balcony room next to ours. This is what caused the problem though... It was going to cost $700.00 more to book her as a single in a balcony, but it would only cost about $300.00 more to move one of us into her room and book two balcony rooms with 2 people each. Then the plan would be to just move the baby back into our room once on board. The reservations person told me that we wouldn't be able to do this because when we went down to 2 people per cabin we would lose the original cabin that could hold 3 people. He said that it doesn't matter if one person in the room uses a bed or a crib, it still has to be booked as a 3 person occupancy cabin. So, we said fine baby will just stay in my mom's cabin. Now, what if baby won't sleep in my mom's cabin? Do you think the room steward will be willing to move the pack and play (provided by the cruiseline) to our cabin? Our cabins are next door to each other. I guess our other option is to leave the pack and play in mom's cabin and at night sleep in her cabin and in the daytime swap cabins back?? I just hope that we can move the pack and play and considered problem solved. What do you all think?

I think you will be fine.

It's always amazing what they will do for you on the ship that customer service will swear is just not capable of happening....;)

On one cruise, I open the door and there is the cabin steward standing there holding a crib. He wants to come and set it up. It seems my DD wanted to make sure we were up to babysitting so she had an additional crib sent to our room. He could care less where the baby slept. He did make up his crib, with chocolate, every night though. We have switched kids and adults around before, no big deal.

Archived