Strange Question.

mt_goodrich

I haven't travelled with just my MIL, but I wouldn't hesitate to do so. We are in similar age brackets (I am 43, MIL 64). There are lots of things for people in both age brackets on board. Like others said, there will be plenty of other guys around. Especially when the women go make themselves beautiful.

Have fun with your mom.

You will both have a great time. My mom and I go on a vacation together every year since my DH can't take time off. She is 77 years young and I know these are memories I will cherish forever!

My feelings are we never know what tomorrow will bring so enjoy our loved ones today.

Andrea

My mom and I take at least one cruise together every year. I'm 49 and she's 68. We always enjoy spending the time together, especially since we don't live near each other. My mom needs a scooter to get around, so she doesn't get to participate in many shore excursions. I always go on morning shore excursions and get back in the early afternoon. Then Mom and I go ashore together and go shopping or do something else that she can access with her scooter. Our time together is priceless to me!

P.S. That's a photo of Mom and I in my avatar. :)

Texlana :)

I love this idea. Go, you'll have a wonderful time together.

A quick story:

In 2005 we had the good fortune of being on an Alaska pre-cruise land tour with "Shirley & Ray", mother and son. She was in her late 80's and had wanted to do this trip for so long and knew the 11 days with early mornings and trains and buses wouldn't be easy for her. He made it easy for her and had a fabulous time in the process. She was so delighted with being able to share this fabulous adventure with her son and he was so proud of her, doting on her, obviously delighted that they were able to share that time together.

It thrilled us no end to meet up with them at the lodges and then again onboard the Coral during those 11 days. The afternoon at The McKinley Lodge sitting at The Grizzly Bar with her drinking her very first chocolate martini with delight is a memory I'll always cherish.

Have a great cruise.

I am 43 and married for over 15 years.

My wife and I went on a cruise three years ago and my wife really didn't have a good time. Said cruising wasn't her cup of tea.

Me? I had a pretty good time and secretly wanted to go on another cruise.

I'm curious as to what could have been so bad on that cruise to make your wife miserable and put off on cruising? Was it one specific incident or just being on a cruise in general? I guess since I love cruising it's hard for me to imagine.

Please don't understand; I'm not trying to bash your wife at all, but unless it was something really awful, it's hard for me to understand why, if you want to cruise so badly, she would refuse to go with you. Hence my curiosity about what prompted her dislike of cruising.

I hope you have a wonderful time with your Mom. Definitely check out the roll call boards here for your cruise, you're sure to meet some other men who would love to hang out with someone other than their wives (especially if there's a Diamond International in that port)!

- Sharon -

Archived