Seabourn Pride Oct. 10 -- strange request?

Travelcat2

Both the Seabourn Pride and Regent Voyager will be docked in Nafplio, Greece on October 10, 2008. I contacted Seabourn regarding a possible visit on that day so that we can finally get an up close view of a Seabourn ship.

Mr. David Bloom responded (promptly) to let me know that only a ticketed guest on that cruise can request that a visitor come on board. So, I was wondering if anyone on the Pride that day will be willing to make that request.

Although I do not know if Regent has a similiar policy, I am writing them today to ask. If they do, I will be happy to return the favor.

Thanks.

I believe "Travelcat" is referring to the Spirit which will be in Greece in Oct.

MB

Thank you. . . . I was reading the listing incorrectly. It is the Spirit. Regent responded that they are trying to find someone to answer the question. The cruise is getting close -- this probably will not happen. Too bad. . . it was an opportunity for some Seabourn passengers to tour the Voyager and for us to tour Seabourn. I suppose the security issues are difficult to get past (even when you have no ulterior motives).

Thanks to both of you for clarifying.

Travelcat, you might try contacting Seabourn directly. I don't see why it would be a problem since they would clear you for a visit in advance. We have seen many people tour ships while in port.

Two years ago we were in port on the Voyager and the Crystal Symphony was also in port. We knew this in advance and wanted to visit some friends who were onboard. Our TA arranged this through Crystal and all they wanted was our passport information.

Truth be told, if I was on the Spirit and did not know you, I would not participate in such a 'swap'. Perhaps I am more cautious than many and I have met so many terrific cruisers from this BB. This is certainly not casting aspersions on Travelcat2.

I will be taking the Voyager this Christmas, but a preview doesn't hold any interest in me. After all, I took the Carnival Legend sight unseen and it's decor is positively garish, but the experience was surprisingly pleasant.

Travelcat, you might try contacting Seabourn directly. I don't see why it would be a problem since they would clear you for a visit in advance. We have seen many people tour ships while in port.

Two years ago we were in port on the Voyager and the Crystal Symphony was also in port. We knew this in advance and wanted to visit some friends who were onboard. Our TA arranged this through Crystal and all they wanted was our passport information.

Thanks, but, I did contact them directly and their response was that someone on board had to request it. I understand that security requires more restrictive policies than in the past. And, we do not know anyone onboard the Seabourn ship.

In response to the last poster, I have no hesitation about giving a tour of the Voyager to a passenger from Seabourn (probably would feel differently about someone from a mainstream cruiseline). No one is asking to see someone's cabin.

In any event, Regent is looking for someone to answer the question. I also asked why Regent Voyager passengers cannot visit the Regent Navigator when they are in port together (same cruise).

Thanks for the responses. I had no idea it was so complicated.

I would agree with Jane. To invite someone you do not know..in this age of security problems makes no sense what-so-ever. I would not even consider it. Lola

You bring up a good point. I really believed that there would be extremely tight security on Seabourn ships as there is on Regent. If it were allowed at all, a person from another ship boarding Regent would have to endure airport-like security. Guess it isn't the same on Seabourn.:confused:

In any event, it wasn't a big deal to me. I do look at Silversea, Crystal and Seabourn as ships for a possible future cruise. My concerns regarding Seabourn is the size of the ship -- just wanted to feel the difference.

Travelcat2..just picture a very personal ship experience. The SB Legend, Spirit, and Pride are a wonderful size. You get the total feel of being aboard a cruise ship..with the ambience of your own private yacht. Each of the guests is treated in a very special manner. You have a feeling of being pampered. These young people work so very hard, but I can tell you, it is very much appreciated. We have enjoyed other ships, but traveling SB is in a class by itself. Please do yourself a favor and book a trip. You will be spoiled for any other after that. Lola

Travelcat2,

I think it is a fun and novel idea.

Unfortunately we don't board Spirit until October 25, so no deal I'm afraid.

I would love the chance for a quick tour of a Regent ship and I think doing it while in port would be quite exciting.

The security arguments above are nonsense, in my opinion. Any decision to allow a person on board ship is made by following a security checking procedure. This is why details are needed well in advance. It has nothing to do with whether a passenger thinks you are 'suitable' to visit 'their' ship.

Maybe the solution is to try a Seabourn cruise. We certainly hope to try Regent soon.

Cheers,

Steve (and Chris)

Archived