GCT Danube Oct. 16

suec12

We are booked on this cruise leaving Budapest and ending (overland) in Prague. Anyone here cruising with us? or maybe you have already done this cruise and can give us some tips. We are arriving into Budapest three days early. One question I have - it seems to me the ship docks in Melk and there is an optional tour to the Abbey there - I think the charge is $85 per person - isn't that something that would be easy to do on our own? Also if you have been in this part of Europe in mid to late Oct - can we expect to see "fall color" on the trees along the Danube?

We were on a Vantage Vienna-Cologne trip last fall. As I remember, Melk Abby was some distance from where the boat docked. I think the tour would be well worth doing. We were there around 11/15 and most leaves were off the trees.

Both Prague and Budapest are incredible cities; you should have a wonderful trip.

Don

We were on the Uniworld trip for our Melk Abbey tour and we docked right at the bottom of town and walked up the hill. We were there on a Saturday and all the stores close on Saturday at around noon. The town looked like a delightful place to shop, and we had the time, but all the stores were closed.

Archived