car rental San Pedro

bondy

HI, We are disembarking at San Pedro Cruise terminal in Los Angeles. We want to hire a car for the day as our flight does not leave until later that night. I wonder if anyone is aware if it is possible to hire and pick up a car from the terminal and if so the rental companies name. If not what is the closest company to the terminal as we would need to catch a cab.

Thanks

There is also the option of renting from the Enterprise that is across the street from the pier and over at the Crowne Plaza on 6th Street.

;)

I think they charge a one-way fee, however, if you drop off the car at the airport. When we rented with Hertz, they did not, although it's always prudent to make sure that hasn't changed.

Not too sure where you're getting your information on Enterprise. Are you referring to Hertz being $50 and closed Sundays?

Just to clarify Enterprise...

I called the Enterprise San Pedro office-(310) 548-8060 on 9/25 and spoke to Eric and was told $40 one way drop off fee. You would incur this for each rental period.

Also, here are the hours off the Enterprise web site. They are open Sunday the week I am there...not that it matters to me since my cruise is Sat-Sat.

http://www.enterprise.com/car_rental/deeplinkmap.do?gpbr=32D6&bid=004&cnty=US

235 W 6TH ST

SAN PEDRO, CA 90731-3315

Tel.: (310) 548-8060

Business Hours

(for the week of Feb 9, 2009)

Open Close

Monday 8:00 am 6:00 pm

Tuesday 8:00 am 6:00 pm

Wednesday 8:00 am 6:00 pm

Thursday 8:00 am 6:00 pm

Friday 8:00 am 6:00 pm

Saturday 9:00 am Noon

Sunday 9:00 am Noon

Cruisedreamer1, next month, we are going on NCL STAR and park our vehicle at the San Pedro cruise terminal. However; I was wondering what we should do in May, 2009 since we depart again from San Pedro to go on the NCL PEARL to Vancouver and that is 1 way.

Thought of renting a car until I saw your post. We are flying to ONT. from SEA after the Alaska cruise.

I'm glad that I read your post.

Prime Time will give 3 departure times for the pier. For another departure,we have rented a car in Redlands and dropped it at LAX and it was less than a shuttle for 2. Of course, going to LAX is great for the rental car companies. You can also check out the metrolink as well.It was 43 dollars for 2 but you had to leave at 5:30 am.

ShipandShore, you are correct about the Metro. I know of a couple that caught the Fly Away bus at LAX to Union Station, I think for $4 pp, and got on the Metro link to San Bernardino ($9 pp for seniors) and paid $10 for a taxi to Loma Linda.

Would it be cheaper to rent a car at San Pedro or LAX?

Archived