Please recommend a good VC cabin for Zuiderdam

lilyhammer

I'm thinking of getting a category VC cabin. Can anybody recommend where to pick one? Stern or Aft? I usually like cabins in the middle, but there aren't any VC cabins in the middle of the ship. I don't want to get a VD or VE cabin since the lifeboats will be in view.

I'd like somewhere quiet...would the front or back of the ship be better? I heard that you shouldn't get a cabin near the elevators. How far is far enough? Can you hear engine noises/anchors dropping/etc. in a certain part of the ship?

Thanks for your advice.

You can't see the lifeboats from inside the verandah cabins on Verandah deck. When you're on the balcony of those cabins you can't see the lifeboats if you're looking out to sea.

You CAN see the lifeboats if you stand at the balcony railing and look down - then you see the top of the lifeboats. The only view that's really obstructed is the view of the sea at the ship's waterline - and that's not a biggie, IMO

Have to admit we have always been in the middle on both the Zuriderdam and the Oosterdam. Yes the life boats were just under the balcony they definitely did not block any views. I really don't think you will fine them to be a problem if you were just above them.

Thank you for your replies. I guess I'm still torn about the VC vs. VD cabins. It sounds like the VD cabins give the same view as the VC cabin. Is the extra space on the balcony worth the difference? (It is only $14 difference per person) The VD cabins seem to all be triples. Does this make any difference in crowdedness of the room? (Does the sofa bed take up more space than a regular couch?) Thanks for your help.

Archived