Captains Circle Launch Savings

milleruszk

I booked a European cruise tonight that sails May 2009. I booked this cruise directly with Princess. As a Captain's Circle member their pricing was the best. My question is how does this Launch Savings promo work? Should I receive the savings on this cruise? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

I booked a European cruise tonight that sails May 2009. I booked this cruise directly with Princess. As a Captain's Circle member their pricing was the best. My question is how does this Launch Savings promo work? Should I receive the savings on this cruise? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

My understanding to this was that the price quoted was with the captains circle launch savings? I could be wrong here, but I think it was reflected in the price you were already quoted? Hopefully any of the resident TA's here can confirm or explain this.

I guess I was expecting something more noticable showiong launch savings on going through the booking process on princess. However, just now checked prices on Yawhoo vs Princess for Ruby 6/35 Med/Greek and there is definate difference.

Yawhoo showed was $200 more pp for F category and $440 more pp for BG. (2938 v 2738 and 3498 v 3058).

But unfortunately, with air almost = to cruise price, just can't consider. If that were not the case still don't think I could consider Princess. For same timefarme, RCCL is still $600 pp cheaper plus a stop in Egypt.

Here is the news release about the Launch Savings:

http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na952

It does not explain the how much or the how soon very well, but when I searched on the term itself, I found this chart:

http://www.ensembletravel.com/pdfs/princessCaptainsCircle0908.pdf

I also recall (vaguely) several TA's on this board saying that it was very similar to the Past Passenger Discount, and is just a new name for the same basic product, or soemthing along those lines.

Here is the news release about the Launch Savings:

http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na952

It does not explain the how much or the how soon very well, but when I searched on the term itself, I found this chart:

http://www.ensembletravel.com/pdfs/princessCaptainsCircle0908.pdf

I also recall (vaguely) several TA's on this board saying that it was very similar to the Past Passenger Discount, and is just a new name for the same basic product, or soemthing along those lines.

Thanks for posting the link with the chart. That explains it all. Why do all these Captain's Circle savings deals always sound so much better in print then they actually are?

Is it just me, or didn't we used to get a better discount as a past passenger that didn't expire (as these do), previously?

Thanks for the replies! I wasn't sure if there were additional savings to be had. When I log onto the Princess site the cost to me dropped $700.00 per person. The only way I know that this is a good deal for me is that none of the brokers could match the Princess price. This has never happened to me before so I was a little leery. The brokers were always cheaper. I look at the "rack" price the same way I would look at the "sticker" price on a new car. Anyway I am satisfied for now. Until the price even drops more?;)

Wondering if anyone knows the answer. I'm going 10/5 on the Crown. Do you think if I book onboard, I'll get the OBC, as well as the Launch Savings?

The schedule of the launch savings says there is a $50 savings for the caribbean until December 31st. So my guess is yes, you would receive the $50 discount if you book on our before Dec. 31.

As for Onboard credit? That isn't part of the launch savings but you would receive it for booking a future cruise onboard.

Archived