Meet & Mingle

LouiseB

Dear all,

I'm sailing on the Indy on the 4th (just 8 days to go!!!) and this will be my first cruise over 3 days with RC. I've just registered for the meet and mingle and wanted to ask you experienced cruisers what to expect at such an event??

Louise:)

It does vary from sailing to sailing. Sometimes they give out free little gifts or raffle items on, sometimes they do not. There generally is some food and beverages available (usually cookies, danishes and coffe + tea); occasionally it is more elaborate. Sometimes senior officers attend (sometimes even the captain) sometimes they do not. Also different roll calls sometimes organize activities of their own (i.e. gift exchange, trivia contest, etc.). The main purpose is to get to meet the people you have been corresponding with on your roll call thread; i.e. put names with faces. Many times people become friendly with people at the meet & mingle and decide to do some activities together during the cruise. My last roll call was extremely active and we did several on board activities together; two meet and mingle parties, a sail-a-way party, a wine tasting (it was on Celebrity so we were allowed to bring on two bottles of wine), a pub crawl, a group dinner at the specialty restaurant, and a post cruise dinner at the port where the cruise ended).

Have a nice cruise. :)

In August we had two ship representatives at our meet and mingle. A table with cookies, juices and coffee. They introduced themselves, and then they had a raffle with numbered tickets.

There were about 50ish people at our M&M.

About 10 prizes were awarded. Mouse pad, fold up beach mat to a beach bag, hat, mini battery operated calculator. And some other incidentals, nothing great.

We exchanged gifts, and one of the group devised a scavenger hunt, which was fun. And the 3 teens who tied, getting all the items won prizes.

Later

Archived