What ship????

Lyndasline@aol.com

Hi, My name is Lynn and I am planing my families vacation for this winter. (We all ready got airfare to florida from Dec 9-22) I now need to pick our cruise and woild love your views!

We have 4 kids, 4,8,10 and all most 12. My husband and I have been on 15+ cruises and the kids have been on disney twise and the NCL Star once. As you know, other than disney... there may noy be a lot of kids on other ships at this time of year. We are deciding between Disney again (the most $) , RC 8 night independece of the sea or the least expensive the NCL pearl. Any thoughts or sugestions for other ships

? Is anyone else traveling around this time, and if so, what ship? Thanks for all the help!:) Lynn

So your decision is between Disney and RCCL Independence of the Seas. Go with Independence. ;)

You can see all of the children activities scanned at the link in my signature. We won't be on Indy until this Feb, but I just got off Disney and have been on Freedom (Indy's sister ship)...so the new pages are there.

You can compare the different activities.

My kids still prefer RCCL Freedom class. And they are 4 and 8.

The Independence has more ammenities for kids than Disney Magic or Wonder. The Independence is a brand new ship with brand new bells and whistles. ;)

My husband and our three children, ages 6, 8, and 12, were on Freedom of the Seas last month. My kids loved it. The H20 zone was great. We also did the rock climbing wall, ice skating, and the two older ones did the flowrider (6 yr old wasn't tall enough). The 6 and 8 yr old loved Adventure Ocean and the Pirate parade. Wouldn't hesitate to go on this class of ship again.

By comparison, we were on Disney Magic two years ago (kids were 4, 6, and 10). The two younger ones loved the kids camp and the characters. The older one didn't like camp as much but enjoyed the production shows. I think she was almost too old to enjoy the activities. Given a choice, she'd much prefer a Royal Caribbean ship.

We are taking our 7 yr old on Carnivals Legend Dec 14-21. I picked Carnival because I think they have a great reputation for Kids programs, and from what I heard its a great value for the money, the fact that this ship sails from Tampa was a plus for me, as we only live an hour south. However, this will be our first cruise, we usually vacation in the Czech Republic. We are taking her out of school a week early because it was more cost effective to do so. To sail during school break is double for her and signficantly higher for us as well.

• 3 weeks later...

cb at sea: Kids were happy with the NCL thing. So, if kids happy; momma's happy and then I'm happy! Can't even remember now who has better kids programs between Disney, HAL, Celebrity, RCCL, Carnival, NCL, etc...It's all a complete blur and not goin to elaborate now. Just happy to have kids program on the ships period!

Archived