Just Back from the Majesty..

JoeTN

Just thought I'd share a few things. 4 Nighter out of Miami, got back this morning. Cruise was awesome, weather was great - Coco Cay was beautiful.

The Chops steak is on the menu in the dining room, even tho we don't have a specialty restaurant. There really is no more chocolates on the bed. Qwest is still hilarious..especially when you're the guy on stage in the last event (I don't wanna spoil it for those of you who haven't been yet..but the rest of you should know what I'm talking about...I'll just say I have a new respect for women who wear heals).

Overall, beautiful ship and cruise, met some great people, especially a few from our Meet and Mingle. I'll get a full review out sometime this weekend..time to unpack :P

PC, we were in a JS (b2b) and we did NOT have pillow chocolates. :(

If the older Sovereign class ships are all indeed going to Pulmantur we should really go on one when we are in Fla checking out our rental villa after 2009 tax season is over. I just can't see spending the airfare to go from NY to Fla for a short trip (or even a B2B) on an older ship. Plus we were on the Monarch in 1995 for our 3rd cruise, after our first two trips on tiny Dolphin ships, and I wan't to see if my memory jibes with reality (probably not:( ).

Thanks for the warning about the nightly chocolates, we will stop in the supermarket before boarding to pick up a box of small chocolate squares to replicate the experience. How cheesy and cheap does it look to do away with the nightime chocolates-on-the-bed routine, it is the little stuff like that which cruisers remember. As a CPA, the bean counters at corporate are giving our profession a bad name.:eek:

Time for another thread on chocolate smuggling and hope the green font guy doesn't show up to nuke Fain?

PC, we were in a JS (b2b) and we did NOT have pillow chocolates. :(

I was on the same cruise with merion mom and we were in a JS also and there was no pillow chocolates for us either. Its the small things that really get notice. Does those little chocolates really cost that much?

Laura

So with the no chocolates, you were not in a JS or above, I guess :p

Glad you enjoyed your cruise, did you try the Chops steak :D

###

They are no longer being put on the pillow in the Junior Suite.... on the MJ. (unless you make "special" friends with your cabin attendant).

Plus we were on the Monarch in 1995 for our 3rd cruise, after our first two trips on tiny Dolphin ships, and I wan't to see if my memory jibes with reality (probably not:( ).

Just off the Monarch myself (she was our "first" four years ago) and depending on what you remember, you may be disappointed. Crew is still excellent and the overall cruise experience was very enjoyable but the ship is pretty "worn and torn". Look at her through the eyes of love and she's just fine (and maybe they're doing a re-furb before Miami?).

Happy Sails,

Annette

P.S. Plenty of pillow chocolates and towel animals on the Monarch; no $14.95 steak though.

Archived