Opening/Closing times

stellaB

I have read that shops close at 2pm on Saturdays in Papeete and that the Fruit Factory on Moorea is closed on Sundays. Is this still true when cruise ships are in port or do they adjust their hours in favour of the extra business? Even if normal shops close at 2pm does the market in Papeete remain open?

According to Jan Prince, the Fruit Factory is closed Sundays, whether there is a cruise ship in or not - sorry. I can check out the 2 p.m. closing time for shops while we're in Papeete, but I suspect that it is pretty much city wide. There is another thread which deals with Le Marche's hours on the 2nd page of this forum and if you Google it, you'll get all sorts of sites.

Hope that helps a little.

This excerpt is from an email from Jan Prince (I had emailed to ask her about Le Marche):

"Please read what I have written about business hours on Page 90 in

the #5 edition of my travel guide. I was not specific enough about Le Marché's hours on Sunday, however, for which I apologize.

The public market opens on Sunday mornings at 5am and closes around 8:30am.

Only a few of the boutiques in downtown Papeete are open on Sundays, and some of them close at noon. The local chamber of commerce is

trying to get this changed, but most of the merchants choose to give their employees the day off."

So appparently Papeete "rolls up the sidewalks" on Sundays, ships or no ships.

This excerpt is from an email from Jan Prince (I had emailed to ask her about Le Marche):

"Please read what I have written about business hours on Page 90 in

the #5 edition of my travel guide. I was not specific enough about Le Marché's hours on Sunday, however, for which I apologize.

The public market opens on Sunday mornings at 5am and closes around 8:30am.

Only a few of the boutiques in downtown Papeete are open on Sundays, and some of them close at noon. The local chamber of commerce is

trying to get this changed, but most of the merchants choose to give their employees the day off."

So appparently Papeete "rolls up the sidewalks" on Sundays, ships or no ships.

Thanks to all those who have responded so far but just to clarify: - it is Saturday in Papeete and Sunday on Moorea I am interested in.

Archived