Help for Parents cruise

Trvlnround

I have been to Cozumel several times, but this will be my parents first time cruising and to Cozumel and Costa Maya. I am more of a beach person, but they could care less about the beach or water activities. I need ANY suggestions for 60ish age people that will be fun (they aren't prudes, just not the beach type) They can do the cruise lines tours, but I want to help them find something fun and MUCH cheaper, and less crowded than what the cruise line has. Any suggestions?

Rent a car and go around the island. Go to the ruins at San Gervasio, Coconuts for the view and a beverage. Mirador for the view of the natural bridge, back around and into town for shopping. Don't forget to eat somewhere. There's the museum, small but very nice. The most beautiful miniature golf. Ummm, anyone else?

That sounds like the perfect little tour of Cozumel for the non-beach type. If the group doesn't get back in time to eat at the museum, then I would suggest trying Sabores (on 5 between 3 and 5, they close at 4 whereas the museum closes at 2) or even Casa Denis (located in the square).

Thanks Sally and Caro. I had already thought about the ruins. We had taken the Tulum tour once before, and I knew that would be a hard trip in such a short amount of time. I had read about San Gervasio. Maybe that will be good enough. Will they have problems driving themselves? Or should they negotiate with a taxi driver and have him take them around? They will be with a church group on this cruise, so there is a chance a small group could form and do such a tour. Any suggestions on that, or a independant tour op?

If they are just going to the ruins, I would suggest that they take a taxi. I imagine the price is about half to get a taxi than rent a car/jeep just to go to San Gervasio. BUT if they are going to go off and see some of the other things on Sally's list of stuff, then get a vehicle. It is not too difficult to navigate around the island.

Thanks for the replies. I'm not sure I can trust them driving..hahaha. They can get lost going around the block sometimes.:confused: I'm still talking with them. I'm gonna bet they go with a taxi for some siteseeing, and then maybe some shopping. I can just see them missing the boat otherwise..haha.

Archived