Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

Hi Jack! :D How are you?! I see from your sig you've been busy. Lucky you!

WOW! Just checked; just so I could drool LOL! Knew I couldn't afford a cruise this fall (first time I've only done one cruise/year since first for 50th bday)... but those bills have a way of catching up. Glad it was the TA in April :)

So I'm Vegas bound w/friend I met on one of the singles cruises back in '04 week of Labor Day. $150 for 5 days for room; air miles for one way a/f and $99 back home - at least that fits in my budget for now!

Have a great time! Wish I was there!

When are you going to Vegas Nancy? How yah doin'?

Hi Cruise Pup

I also booked on th Eurodam few weeks ago. Then I saw your post for the New Years cruise on te Costa Fortune. I decided to check it out. I was able to book the cruise without any supplement, cost comes to 650 plux tax. So I checked the Christmas cruise and it is even cheaper 550plus tax. I will cancel the cruise on Eurodam and cruise back to back on Costa in the same cabin. I think they still have 1 cabin left on the Christmas cruise. I took the last cabin for the New Year cruise. Check it out.

Hi Cruise Pup

I also booked on th Eurodam few weeks ago. Then I saw your post for the New Years cruise on te Costa Fortune. I decided to check it out. I was able to book the cruise without any supplement, cost comes to 650 plux tax. So I checked the Christmas cruise and it is even cheaper 550plus tax. I will cancel the cruise on Eurodam and cruise back to back on Costa in the same cabin. I think they still have 1 cabin left on the Christmas cruise. I took the last cabin for the New Year cruise. Check it out.

I was already booked b2b for both cruises when I posted. All taken care of.

thanks for the heads up. i just got the 12/20 sailing for $619. for a single EXTERIOR cabin plus tax. and, a $50. cabin credit to boot !! i took a costa cruise a few years ago and enjoyed it. maybe not for everyone....but i thought it was different....but fun.

VERY good news! I hope more cruiselines follow (at least when they see many cabins available less than 3 months before sailing, I think they should aim at us, solo travellers, by reducing the supplement)

Rates were lowered today for the October 4, 2009, 5-night sailing of the Radiance of the Seas to the Mexican Riviera (Cabo San Lucas & Ensenada).

www.royalcaribbean.com is showing E1 balcony cabin as $631.75 Single, Outside Category H as $491.75 Single, and Inside Category M as $397.25 Single. All fares are plus an additional $59.74 port taxes. These are regular fares with no residency requirements.

Balcony cabins may qualify for Crown & Anchor discount of $100 for Diamond members and $50 for Platinum members. :-)

Edited by jjb415

What is the date? March 20th or 30th??

The reduction in supplement applies to any/every cruise booking made for a solo cruiser after December 1st 2009. Bookings made prior to December 1st 2009 are not covered by the change.

The one's given in the article are purely examples of what is available.

The Royal Caribbean website is offering a California Residency rate on the September 13, 2009, sailing of the Mariner of the Seas, from Los Angeles to the Mexican Riviera. Many categories are on sale, but, the specific price of an E2 Balcony Cabin is as follows:

Price Breakdown Guest 1

Cruise Fare - $789.00 USD

Taxes/Fees - $56.53 USD

Package Total - $845.53USD

In addition Crown and Anchor Society Platinum members receive a $100 per cabin discount and Diamond/Diamond Plus members recieve a $200 per cabin discount on balcony category cabins.

This is one of the best deals on balcony cabins I've seen lately.

Also, seems it would be worth checking Residency Rates for other cruises.

Happy Sailing. :)

While the balcony deals are now gone for solos...i checked pricing today and for a Promenade Stateroom for a CA resident the price is $571 total.

Other states may apply. And the cheapest inside was $505 total.

RCCL has some great single senior rates on the Majesty for their 3 dayers out of Miami. They're generally under $300 all inclusive, sometimes for an OV. If airfare wasn't so high, I'd be doing more of those.

I just booked another great solo 1A on the Carnival Victory for a Southern Caribbean cruise out of San Juan for Thanksgiving week 2010. When those 1A's with a window are available, I grab them as soon as I can. With the early saver price it was only $797 including all fees and taxes.

I just booked a solo on the Voyager (RCL) for a western Carribbean for $770 with all fees. It was at a Senior Rate. Just turned 55 so that's a nice discount.

Did you find that on the RCL website or was it thru a TA?

Just curious because I received an email from an airline and it said double occupancy.

It's for the 4/4/10 cruising out of Galveston. I found it on the RCL website but then had my TA book. I just checked and it's still on there.

$684.00 plus taxes and fees

Thanks for your quick response!!

I'm looking to do the Southern Carib. I went to Costa Maya, etc over NYE last year.

I'll have to keep on searching. lol

Edited by SASSYnLV