Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

Was this a sales event special price?

I am not 100% sure but I suspect so.

I placed a hold on a cabin, via Celebrity web-site, and then shopped around. No agent could match the price.

It turned out that 2 guys sharing a similar cabin 3 doors away on same deck EACH paid 60% more than I did. Go figure.

But I will check their Tuesday specials again next time I am in the market.

Annie

If you can travel at the last minute, don't mind being away from home during Thanksgiving, and find that Baltimore is a viable port option, you might want to think about this cruise. (This morning's pricing is less expensive than the rate listed for this Tuesday's "Exciting Deals" offer.)

Enchantment of the Seas : November 17th, 9 nights

Inside Guarantee, single occupancy = $681.98 (cruise fare, taxes, & port charges)

Oceanview Guarantee, single occupancy = $856.98 (cruise fare, taxes, & port charges)

Ports of Call: Baltimore, Maryland; San Juan, Puerto Rico; Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas; Samana, Dominican Republic; Labadee, Haiti; Baltimore, Maryland

Hi Virtopia,

The price is the same here. I'm sailing this itinerary on Dec 1st. However,

if the price is right, I'll be back in January.

Okay, good to know, but interesting, as I priced the Enchantment cruise and it came up higher for me. I thought the exchange was the reason why.

NCL Sun out of Port Canaveral 11/26 for 7 days has no single supplement. This also seems to appy to the balcony cabins. I booked an inside for $462 total.

Thanks for passing this along. I may be joining you on this cruise. Been looking for one that goes to Cozumel either this month or next and found some killer deals if 2 people are going, but g/f doesn't want to take time off work seeing we have a 8 day E Carib planned for Feb. With the sup added to those other cruises they are almost as much as this with pretty much no other stops other than Key West.

12 day Southern Caribbean, Celebrity's new Silhouette, 1/17/12, Inside $1374.85 Total (1274.00 cruise + 100.85 taxes & fees). It looks kinda pricey but it is "only" 134% supplement for a single plus it's a new ship and no air fare for me. Celebrity's Exciting Deals has 150% supplement but it works out to 134%.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Exciting_Deals/XcitingDeals_cel_tues.pdf

Mike, similar fare for the RCI Explorer of the Seas 12 day out of Bayonne on 1/12. I suspect they must be having a sale for solo travelers and inside cabins.

There is no 12 day out of Bayonne on 1/12. There's an 11 day out of Bayonne on 1/16.

Edited by cruise pup

12 day Southern Caribbean, Celebrity's new Silhouette, 1/17/12, Inside $1374.85 Total (1274.00 cruise + 100.85 taxes & fees). It looks kinda pricey but it is "only" 134% supplement for a single plus it's a new ship and no air fare for me. Celebrity's Exciting Deals has 150% supplement but it works out to 134%.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Exciting_Deals/XcitingDeals_cel_tues.pdf

this further supports my theory that single supplement sales are of a VERY limited-time nature. it's double that--i just checked. i would have booked it had that deal still existed, as i'm looking to do a caribbean cruise from the northeast sometime in the new year. ah well. i'll keep looking.

i booked my crazy low fare at 4 pm on a friday--even though at 10:00 that same morning it was double (which is why i pounced on the 4 pm fare!) what's up with that? it almost doesn't seem fair. i mean, i guess i'm perfectly willing to search and search...but at some point the time i've spent searching equals a dollar-per-hour amount that i'm not willing to save.

if only i could travel with my husband during low-fare times of the year. i'd be fine with paying double so long as there were TWO OF US!

sorry. annoyed more at my husband's crappy work schedule than anything. the same cruise i took last month will be more than double when he can travel. it stinks that teachers can only travel when it is doubly expensive...yet they make half as much money as most people. ah well.

done ranting now.

this further supports my theory that single supplement sales are of a VERY limited-time nature. it's double that--i just checked. i would have booked it had that deal still existed, as i'm looking to do a caribbean cruise from the northeast sometime in the new year. ah well. i'll keep looking.

elbodans

How did you check this ? If you checked it online, it would not show up. You should call Celebrity or if you have a trusted travel agent call them. When I called Celebrity, I had to direct the rep to the Exciting Deals to get that price..unusual because they are usually on top of the Exciting Deals.

If you are serious about this cruise, keep checking Celebrity's Exciting Deals...they change every week. It looks like they have alot of cabins to fill on this cruise and will show up again...maybe even at a lower price. :)

elbodans

How did you check this ? If you checked it online, it would not show up. You should call Celebrity or if you have a trusted travel agent call them. When I called Celebrity, I had to direct the rep to the Exciting Deals to get that price..unusual because they are usually on top of the Exciting Deals.

If you are serious about this cruise, keep checking Celebrity's Exciting Deals...they change every week. It looks like they have alot of cabins to fill on this cruise and will show up again...maybe even at a lower price. :)

i checked online. it's really the only way i can check. i'm definitely looking at doing ANY cruise i can get a good single supplement on (particularly out of a Northeastern port, as i live outside of NYC) but i can't possibly call all of the cruise lines every day! checking online is kind of easier and faster, but then i have to check with each individual cruise line website (i love NCL and have been on celebrity but i'm not wedded to any one line--i care more about ports) basically, i got a really good deal on my most recent cruise (my first solo cruise ever) and finding that price had to be a fluke. but then i did check the price at least twice per day for a week until i found the reduced supplement. i called and spoke with NCL reps on three occasions and was told 'sorry, but this is how much it is to sail solo'. ummm...then how did i find it online two days later? i guess what i really need is a travel agent? i've never worked with one.

ok sorry. didn't mean to hijack this thread. i love this thread--i use it as part of my research. so thanks everyone for posting!!! :D

OK,not for everyone I know,but I booked it & think its brilliant.

Cruise only,Malaga(Spain)to FL 11days Seabourn Odessy. 9th Dec2011.

ALL INCLUSIVE WOW! Nil single supplement

£1299,about $1900, need to book via a UK TA

Get $ 400 onboard credit by checking the C/C Seaborn forum

Hi: I would like to take my daughter and three gdchldren (girls twins 10yo, boy 12yo) on a cruise probably from Galveston TX bcs they live in San Antonio. Where do I look for a good deal on this? Is there a thread on cruise critic that you know of? Do we take adjoining rooms or get one big room? They are wonderful kids! I'm thinking a five day but I could do 7 if it was reasonable enough. Sorry I know this is solo but I dont' know where to start. Thanks for any suggestions.

Hi: I would like to take my daughter and three gdchldren (girls twins 10yo, boy 12yo) on a cruise probably from Galveston TX bcs they live in San Antonio. Where do I look for a good deal on this? Is there a thread on cruise critic that you know of? Do we take adjoining rooms or get one big room? They are wonderful kids! I'm thinking a five day but I could do 7 if it was reasonable enough. Sorry I know this is solo but I dont' know where to start. Thanks for any suggestions.

I'd suggest that you start by going to a general travel site like Travelocity or Expedia and choose cruise as your type of vacation. Select Galveston as your departure port and see what comes up. I think you'll find something reasonable, although unless you want to pay for a suite or somesuch, you'll probably want two rooms. When I travel with my daughters and grandkids, we usually get two rooms across the hall from each other. One will be an inside to save on money, and the other will be a balcony to provide a place to relax. Two insides also works, since most of the time you'll be away from the room. In fact, with the kids, you'll probably want to put them in the ship's kids' program and they'll be really happy and the adults can relax on board better.. Anyway, once you narrow it down, you can watch the cruise line and various cruise travel agency sites for any sales--or if you have a local travel agent, talk to them. Hope this helps.

i checked online. it's really the only way i can check. i'm definitely looking at doing ANY cruise i can get a good single supplement on (particularly out of a Northeastern port, as i live outside of NYC) but i can't possibly call all of the cruise lines every day! checking online is kind of easier and faster, but then i have to check with each individual cruise line website (i love NCL and have been on celebrity but i'm not wedded to any one line--i care more about ports) basically, i got a really good deal on my most recent cruise (my first solo cruise ever) and finding that price had to be a fluke. but then i did check the price at least twice per day for a week until i found the reduced supplement. i called and spoke with NCL reps on three occasions and was told 'sorry, but this is how much it is to sail solo'. ummm...then how did i find it online two days later? i guess what i really need is a travel agent? i've never worked with one.

ok sorry. didn't mean to hijack this thread. i love this thread--i use it as part of my research. so thanks everyone for posting!!! :D

I also stumbled on a great single deal with NCL and the single supplement went back to 200% in a day or so after I booked. I guess it's the luck.

Just so that everyone knows, I have found on the Tuesday special sales with RCCL and X that the single supplement can be lower than the posted rate so if you see a good double rate it pays to call and see what the single rate will be.

I've been looking for cruise with low single supplement and just found it with Royal Caribbean Voyager of the seas - Jan 7 departure, please note that you have to be past passenger to get the special rate, one can get an occean view room for about 800+taxes.

Just want to share my find with everyone here, i did not think it was possible to find cruise with less than 200% supplement till i found this thread.

Carnival 5-Day from Jacksonville, FL on 1/7/2012 to Nassau and Half Moon Cay for $199 pp ($398 solo).

A 200% supplement, but still a great value for solo and Southwest flies cheap to Jacksonville with no bag fees!

Same itinerary on 1/21/2012 is only for $229 pp (or $458 solo) for an Oceanview room!

Both are Kansas resident rates but almost certainly includes others too. Try it and see!