Star Princess Drydock Pictures

CL-JW

I liked this shot.....looked like she was parked down the street.

Thanks for posting your photos.

2301247050046097424S600x600Q85.jpg

This was a pretty cool view - it's not often you can see a ship like this - especially the way you can see beneath the hull.

GREAT pictures.:) Thanks for posting! Wonder if the San Fan city folk get a kick out of seeing the Star in dry dock. I know I would. It would of been fantastic to see the crew pop the dry dock out of the water with the Star on board. Also...interesting to see below the hull and also the shot of the Star at the end of the street.

We were on the Millennium on a cruise following dry dock a few years back. The cruise prior to ours was canceled for the dry dock to fix the pod propulsion system so we waited on pins and needles to see if she would get out of dry dock and down to Fort Lauderdale in time for our cruise. We followed all the pictures of the Millie while she was in dry dock but none of the pictures were as cool as yours of the Star. Thanks again for posting.:)

Our kids were at the Giants game yesterday and they showed the Star on DiamondVision. They called us up to tell us to watch the game!!!!

Going to have to take a ride into the City to check out the Star for ourselves.

Thanks again for the pics and the link to your website.

Cheers, Denise

Thanks again everyone. We really enjoyed going up to see the Star in drydock.

We're glad the weather was clear and sunny when we went too.

Wish we could get inside to see what's going on. I saw in one pic of the aft a worker was on our future balcony (C-752) doing something. Luckily there are folks who have posted that they will be on board on the 10/11 trip so we won't have to wait too long to get an answer:).

great pics,thanks.Does anyone know if the crew(incl.waiters and stewards) stays onboard or did they send everyone home and get a "fresh"crew at the end?

Often much of the crew (but not all) stays aboard. They usually still have cooking/cleaning/housekeeping going on. We could see some smoke coming out of the funnel - maybe it was from the kitchen?

WOW,

Thanks from me too. Your pictures are wonderful. We live just down the street from a BART station, then about 50 minutes into SF. I would love to go in and see Star but don't think I could stand the excitement. See, we board her in just a little over three weeks and I would want to sneak on, now.

Thanks again for the very interesting pics.

Aslo, crusdiva, thanks for pointing out the web cam.

Chuck

WOW,

Thanks from me too. Your pictures are wonderful. We live just down the street from a BART station, then about 50 minutes into SF. I would love to go in and see Star but don't think I could stand the excitement. See, we board her in just a little over three weeks and I would want to sneak on, now.

Thanks again for the very interesting pics.

Aslo, crusdiva, thanks for pointing out the web cam.

Chuck

You should head on over - it's really pretty cool seeing her in drydock!!

Just take BART to Embarcadero St. Then take MUNI T-Line (Third St). Get off at Mariposa (stop before 20th St.)and it is 1 block from there. And walk around. It is worthwhile! Do it on Saturday.

T-Line:

http://transit.511.org/schedules/index.aspx?#m1=S&m2=rail&routeid=26606&dir=IB&type=6099&cid=SF

Click on "Show Route Map" and Click on the Stations shown on Right Side.

CL/JW: We went yesterday -- actually a very short distance for us. Appreciated your pictures even more after the trip.

WOW,

We live just down the street from a BART station, then about 50 minutes into SF. I would love to go in and see Star but don't think I could stand the excitement. See, we board her in just a little over three weeks and I would want to sneak on, now.

Chuck

CL/JW: We went yesterday -- actually a very short distance for us. Appreciated your pictures even more after the trip.

Cool - it's pretty interesting seeing something that big out of the water. Just wish we didn't have to wait until April 2010 to sail her . . .

I was looking at the pictures with the propellers and if you look closely you can see the openings for the aft thrusters too.

Yesterday after a post cruise gathering, Roger, Ivan, my wife and I all drove down from the Cruise Ship Pier area (Pier 35) to see the drydock.

It was sunny and clear again. You could see people working on her. Just looked like some of the protective papers were blowing in the breeze that probably came loose during the rains.

(By the way, we missed you CL-JW)

Yesterday after a post cruise gathering, Roger, Ivan, my wife and I all drove down from the Cruise Ship Pier area (Pier 35) to see the drydock.

It was sunny and clear again. You could see people working on her. Just looked like some of the protective papers were blowing in the breeze that probably came loose during the rains.

(By the way, we missed you CL-JW)

Glad you could get over to see her in drydock:)

Unfortunate for our drought conditions, it wasn't much of a rain...I would think that she's right on schedule.

Yes, we certainly didn't get much rain, but it sure was nice while it lasted. At least it cleaned the pollen out of the air.

I just drove by it this afternoon. But I did begin to wonder how they scrape and paint the portions under the timber on which the keel / hull rests!

Here are two pics I took. You can see plywood on the railings and more scaffolding under the hull. I do not have a clear picture but there was scaffolding in front the the MUTS area now.

I saw the Star on Friday from my airplane seat as we headed to Disneyworld. Thanks for sharing all the pictures - I'm on my way back from Florida now, but am going to Phoenix for the weekend so it looks like my take off view is the only one I'll get until we sail on the Star next year.

thanks again.

We drove by on Saturday morning and ran into some crew members. The said that she will be ready on the 11th (our cruise) and wanted to make sure we knew to go to Pier 35, not 70. Communication was limited, so some of the questions we asked were not understood. However, we left with a round of "It'll be our pleasure to serve you and look forward to seeing you on the 11th" and lots of waves goodbye. I think they are ready for the passengers now :D

Here are two pics I took. You can see plywood on the railings and more scaffolding under the hull. I do not have a clear picture but there was scaffolding in front the the MUTS area now.

Nice pics - neat to see the plywood and scaffolding.

I just drove by it this afternoon. But I did begin to wonder how they scrape and paint the portions under the timber on which the keel / hull rests!

That's a good question. Wonder if anyone knows?

Archived