Express Baggage??

StarryBugg

My mother was recently on the Legend and she said she thinks she saw something where you can check your baggage on the ship and have it taken directly to the airport (or something like that)? She didn't pay too much attention, as she was driving home. However, we're to be on the Valor in October. We have a late afternoon departure, and so I was wondering what this was and if, indeed, it was available. It would make things much easier, as we could do a little sightseeing after the cruise without lugging around all those bags!

Thanks for any help.

We have used the luggage express twice now and have not had any problems so far. All you do is fill out paperwork and drop it off at the front desk and the last night of your cruise they give out your luggage tags and boarding passes. Put out your luggage and you don't see it until you arrive home at the airport. When we used it, I believe the cost was $15 per pp.

We used this service on the Valor in March, and it is a great service. You can use it whether you are flying out of MIA or FLL. The airlines that participated were: U.S. Airways, Delta, American Airlines, NWA, AirTran, Continental. United and Jet Blue also were available if flying out of FLL, but not MIA.

You receive your airport luggage tags and boarding passes in your cabin the evening before embarkation. Be sure you check them carefully; ours had a mistake. Then, set the luggage outside your cabin before midnight and you don't see it again until you reach your destination.

Can anyone use this service or just the ppl that booked flights through Carnaval.

Anyone can use it. We did not book our flights through Carnival, and we used the Luggage Express service. Your flights have to be after a certain time, which varies by ship. For our Valor cruise, I believe our flight (from FLL) had to be after 2 pm, and for flights out of MIA they had to be after 11:30 am.

Oh, also, there is a limit of 2 bags per person.

I think we will use the luggage service on our November cruise. In a way it will save some tip money.

5-7 dollar tip to the cruise porter.:(

5-7 dollar tip to the cab driver.:rolleyes:

5-7 dollar tip to the skycap.:eek:

And $75 to the chiropractor to get my back adjusted.:p

You guys are great. I looked through Carnival's site, but b/c I didn't know the exact name of it, I couldn't find anything.

I have a 530PM flight out of MIA on Delta, so it sounds as though we will be able to do that. Like someone else mentioned, after you pay porters, drivers, and the SkyCaps, you've spent an arm and a leg just to maneuver your luggage to the airport. We'll definitely be doing this. Maybe we'll hit the zoo or something after we get off the boat! :D

If you are flying home from MCO can you use the express baggage? I keep seeing FLL or MIA mentioned only.

The ports and ships that had the Express Luggage option the last time I checked were:

Tampa - Legend

Miami - Valor (both MIA and FLL)

Canaveral - Glory

San Diego - Spirit

San Juan - Destiny

If you are asking about your Glory cruise, looks like it is available.

There could have been more ships and ports added.

In this day of heightened security I wonder how they get around TSA with this?

Call me paranoid but consider the following...

You pack you bag and leave it in the hallway.

It stays in the hallway for hours for anyone to place something into it or take it out of.

A porter comes and picks it up and places it with the rest of the baggage.

It is taken to the airport and placed into the system and on the plane.

That individual might get on the plane or not, and before you say that the airlines check for this... they may at time but I can tell you from personal experience my bag as gotten to locations prior to me... not to mention other locations entirely.

In either case, I suspect there are multiple levels of scanning done... perhaps one at the port and one at the airport.

Archived