Embarkation rules

Cruzer Nut

I posted this the other day but don't think it worked properly so am hoping those CCer's who have left from Darling Habour recently can tell me about boarding the Pacific Dawn.

After reading the reviews about the PS in Brisbane and found that they have a most civilised way of boarding with the coloured tags etc, when we sailed 2 yrs ago from Darling Harbour felt like Sheep being sent to slaughter (was almost as hot) with endless lines etc.

Can anyone tell me if it has gotton any better my cruise buddy can't stand for too long and found it hard to wait for 3 hours in line to just get through the door then the long wait for Customs and Cruise Card sign in etc.

I posted this the other day but don't think it worked properly so am hoping those CCer's who have left from Darling Habour recently can tell me about boarding the Pacific Dawn.

After reading the reviews about the PS in Brisbane and found that they have a most civilised way of boarding with the coloured tags etc, when we sailed 2 yrs ago from Darling Harbour felt like Sheep being sent to slaughter (was almost as hot) with endless lines etc.

Can anyone tell me if it has gotton any better my cruise buddy can't stand for too long and found it hard to wait for 3 hours in line to just get through the door then the long wait for Customs and Cruise Card sign in etc.

hi cruzer nut, things are a bit better now, you normally can book in about 9.30am and they give you a boarding pass and when its time to embark which can be between 11.30am to 12 noon (if they are on time)then they call out the numbers, you may still have to wait around till its time to board

rkmw

Carnival Australia are keen not to have passengers queuing too early. They had started issuing cruise cards early when we cruised, on the hope that passengers would have dropped off their baggage, got their cards, then leave the building till embarking time. Off course, most got their cards then started to queue at the entrance to the customs hall.

They have since gone to allocated boarding times. Drop your bags, get your cards and boarding group, then find something else to do till boarding time - something much more exciting than queuing in a hall for a couple of hours.

Carnival Australia are keen not to have passengers queuing too early. They had started issuing cruise cards early when we cruised, on the hope that passengers would have dropped off their baggage, got their cards, then leave the building till embarking time. Off course, most got their cards then started to queue at the entrance to the customs hall.

They have since gone to allocated boarding times. Drop your bags, get your cards and boarding group, then find something else to do till boarding time - something much more exciting than queuing in a hall for a couple of hours.

Which is fine when everything's going to plan, but check out the my thread about embarkation for our cruise to see what happens when things don't go to plan :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=851477

Which is fine when everything's going to plan, but check out the my thread about embarkation for our cruise to see what happens when things don't go to plan :)

Yes, their current plan of attack is improved, but what is it they say about best laid plans?

Thanks guys, the image above is the ONLY way I have ever experienced boarding so here's hoping it's a little better this time, the pub across the road that I have read so much about sounds good. Maybe they should do a CC special cocktail?? :p

Then again I can always pop into work down the road and gloat about going away just to make them hate me even more! :D:D

Thanks guys, the image above is the ONLY way I have ever experienced boarding so here's hoping it's a little better this time, the pub across the road that I have read so much about sounds good. Maybe they should do a CC special cocktail?? :p

Then again I can always pop into work down the road and gloat about going away just to make them hate me even more! :D:D

When we cruised on Pacific Sun in Apr '06 we left from Darling Harbour and had no problems whatsoever with embarkation. We joined the long queue (which was outside) at 2.15 and was in our cabin at 2.45. And at that time you didn't get your cruise card until you were about to get on baord.

Archived