Anyone know how the fall foliage is on the Rhine?

nhmrm

We are taking a seven day cruise from Amsterdam to Basel starting October 18th. Does anyone know the approximate peak season for the area? I have moved from NH to FL and miss the fall so I am hoping to see some nice colors on my cruise. Thank you.

Enjoy your cruise but don't expect New England colors in Europe!

You will see many beatiful evergreens and leafless trees and maybe some color but it's nothing like what we get on the East Coast.

Copy that. We just left northern Wisconsin which this year has some eye-popping color, but our 12/07 and 10/07 cruises East and West out of Budapest were underwhelming colorwise.

WIT

I just got back from Rhine River cruise yesterday and commented several times that in a couple of weeks the leaves would be pretty. Lots of Maples and hardwood trees with just a hint of color. I'd think by Oct 18 it should be as good as it will get.

I just got back from Rhine River cruise yesterday and commented several times that in a couple of weeks the leaves would be pretty. Lots of Maples and hardwood trees with just a hint of color. I'd think by Oct 18 it should be as good as it will get.

Thanks Seabee! I am even more excited to go. Any advice on what I shouldn't miss?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived