GCT-More Questions - Vienna to Amsterdam

DunhillMom

When I look on the GCT website it give the schedule for Amsterdam to Vienna. Since we are going the reverse trip...I am puzzled.

Our flight arrives in Vienna at 2 PM from NY via Heathrow. Do we leave that day or do we get to sleep a bit and have time to see Vienna?

If we have to depart that day -- can you try to move back your US departure a day with GCT? I hate to get there and see nothing...

I can find nothing that gives me the itinerary from Vienna to Amsterdam...

I know I ask alot of questions, but I do want to make the most of the trip...likely we'll never make it that way again.

While checking my notes from this trip that I took 3 years ago I have that the ship left sometime during the night on the day I arrived In Vienna, I also had to change planes at Heathrow Airport. The next day the ship arrived in Melk Austria around 1:00 pm.

I found a catalog that GCT sent me in June of this year and it gives shows the trip going both way leaving from Vienna and Also leaving from Amsterdam. It says they leave Vienna at 9:00 pm on the day you arrive.

They do have a pre trip in Vienna for 3 nights before the cruise starts or if you wanted to do it on your own you would have to talk to them about it before you make you booking to see if you could leave a few days early.

It was a great trip that I really enjoyed so I guess the same trip is pretty much the same as I did not notice any changes in it. I plan on doing this trip again when I can start to travel again.

We did this trip two years ago, from Vienna to Amsterdam, and absolutely loved it. We did it at this time of year as well. We stayed overnight in Vienna, but on the ship. It was a peaceful, slow, lovely trip. You don't get to spend much time on the sun deck once you start going under the bridges, so the place we found that we really liked to sit and watch the world go by was outside of the glass doors by the reception area. There are two small benches on each side of the ship. There is also a coffee machine available 24 hours a day that has cappucino, hot chocolate, and a wickedly addictive combination of hot chocolate and espresso. The walks on shore were very interesting, the food was delicious, and we met a lot of very nice people. Some of these became good friends that we still correspond with. Enjoy!

PS>..eat lots of ice cream, it's everywhere!

Archived