Cabin or suite ...........

jnmrlk

All of the ships built before 2000 you can put 5 in a cabin. There is a new class of suites, that are opening as ships are dry docked that will soon allow 5 to a suite as well, but they are going to be really expensive. The new Dream has family cabins for 5. Maybe give us a ship or more of an idea what you are looking for and we can help more.

I guess it would help to give a ship :rolleyes: !!!

We are thinking of changing our family cruise to Carnival because we, and family members have had some not so great times on NCL - not terribly bad - but the food and and their freestyle (waiting in line and service at the table) has gone down hill.

We are looking at the Miracle out of NY in AUgust

Check out the farthest forward balconies on the upper, empress & verandah decks on the Miracle (all Spirit class ships.) Those rooms connect to a room without a balcony, considered an inside. That way you still get a balcony in one room but pay less for the second room.

kelly

I'm not sure if the Pride allows 5 in a cabin, but depending on how big the kids are, we had a Penthouse Suite that could sleep 3 kids. It had a pull down bunk and then a sectional couch that could sleep 2, one of them needing to be maybe 5 years old or younger because it was fairly short. The room was huge as was the bathroom. 2 sinks in the bathroom really helped and then there was the dressing room just outside with a counter and mirror for getting ready too. We never felt cramped. The balcony was huge too, but good luck getting more than 2 chairs, even though there might be 4 or 5 people booked in the cabin. We finally got 2 more chairs about half way thru the cruise!

Cheryl

Check out the farthest forward balconies on the upper, empress & verandah decks on the Miracle (all Spirit class ships.) Those rooms connect to a room without a balcony, considered an inside. That way you still get a balcony in one room but pay less for the second room.

kelly

This was a great tip - my boys are all older than 10 so it would be better not to squash 'em in!!!

I have the interior/ext balc cabins booked on the Pride Nov 30 - for 4 people, but that is what hubby wanted. The actual cost over all four of us in one ext balc cabin was only $250 different! Well worth it as our kids are little so we needed them connecting. We also wanted to be able to stay up (they will go down by 9:30 or 10) and play cards, watch a movie etc and enjoy the balcony ;) without interupting them while they slept, so thus 2 cabins over 1. I will post a review on them when we are back:p

Archived