temperature on board Star Princess Antarctica?

mezza

Going to Antarctica in Feb on the the Star and I'm confused! I asked the TA who had been to Antarctica, what was the temperature on board (in the public rooms), so I would know what clothes to take. Her reply was that they keep the ship a little cool so you can wear skivies/long sleeve t-shirts and then put the coat on to go out on deck. Then I rang Princess and asked the same question. Their reply was that they keep the ship between 23 - 26 C - definitely t shirt temperatures for me!

SO WHAT IS THE ANSWER???? - short sleeve or long sleeve inside? Formal dress with jacket or sleeveless?? Can someone who has been to Antarctica PLEASE fill me in

Going to Antarctica in Feb on the the Star and I'm confused! I asked the TA who had been to Antarctica, what was the temperature on board (in the public rooms), so I would know what clothes to take. Her reply was that they keep the ship a little cool so you can wear skivies/long sleeve t-shirts and then put the coat on to go out on deck. Then I rang Princess and asked the same question. Their reply was that they keep the ship between 23 - 26 C - definitely t shirt temperatures for me!

SO WHAT IS THE ANSWER???? - short sleeve or long sleeve inside? Formal dress with jacket or sleeveless?? Can someone who has been to Antarctica PLEASE fill me in

Sorry, I have never sailed to Antarctica, but I have sailed everywhere from the Southern Caribbean to Australia, Asia, Scotland, Ireland and ALASKA and places inbetween.

No matter what the temp outside, the ships usually seem to run cooler inside. I always bring a jacket for evenings, although a simple lightweight hoody worked well during the day. I don't think sleeveless would be warm enough, no matter what.

We were on the Star to Antarctica in January and didn't find the ship 'cool' at all. No difference to onboard temperature from our previous cruises to Alaska and Norway and the North Cape (which included inside the Arctic Circle). We were blessed with good weather and although we needed to wrap up to stay outside, on the whole, we didn't find it too cold.

We were in Antarctica in Jan.,06; but on the Marco Polo and made Zodiac Landings.

From our experience, the air temperatures on the landings was about 30 deg. F.

Every one over dressed.

Aboard ship, in the evenings, Public Spaces were a little cool.

I usually wore a long sleeve shirt; DW wore a sweater.

Outdoor Temperature, in the evening, was about 20 deg. F.

When going out on deck, I put on a down filled vest,

DW would put on the jacket that we were given for the landings.

On the Star, in Public Spaces, I would say dress the same as we did.

Doors open/close and drafts are created.

Have a great Cruise.

Thanks guys

looks like long sleeves for formal as well as informal. It would make life easy if there were no formals on this cruise. I love getting dressed up but having to take shorts for Iguazu, warm clothes for Antarctica and formals as well makes packing 20 kg a nightmare! oh well I guess we are very fortunate just being able to travel. How blessed we are!

Archived