Pinnacle Grill - what NOT to miss?

rarescrambler

Thanks, Judi.

I've been looking for it since I posted. I can't believe I lost it. I checked all the papers I brought back from the cruise which are in a folder, the pocketbook I used that night, etc. Just haven't checked the luggage.

Rarescrambler, we just made reservations for both the Pinnacle Grill and Tamarind. For the Pinnacle Grill, it can be done easily online for the date and time you want. Tell your friend to go onto the Holland America website and click on the area for booked guests and then the Buy a Gift Selection. The icon for Pinnacle Grill will appear. They need your booking number and will then be directed to your names and they click on who they want the reservation for. They will need to pay the $20 each charge by credit card and you get an emailed confirmation almost immediately. They can even enclose a message with the gift.

You can find the Tamarind restaurant also, but need to call ship's services if you want to make a booking for a specific day and time and also pay in advance $15 each. The phone number to call is 1-800-541-1576. We had no trouble with that reservation either.

It is easy to make the reservations, once you understand the system, but it was kind of weird to buy a gift for ourselves - it would be easier if they allowed you to book it from the main Booked Guests site, like they do for shore excursions.

Yes Benita, that's the way I thought it could be done. But now that our TA has left us an onboard credit, how do we book in advance? I guess we could just book and pay for it ourselves and use that OBC for something else, yes? There are 3 of us, 3 booking #s - getting complicated. . .

You could try the customer service number and see if they will apply the credit before embarkation, but I doubt they could. As they are going to charge $11 per person per day to your shipboard account for tips, you will easily use up the credit so booking in advance with your credit card is an option.

DW and I are not big Pinnacle fans, but from our experiences I thought the steaks and lamb entrees were excellent. On our last cruise I ordered the volcano cake and was served baked Alaska. When I commented on the error, the server seemed put out as if it had been my fault.

How the shrimp and Filet Megon? Should i get the filet by itself? How's the porterhouse? Gee am I a pig! It's like planning my last meal! Well any way - bout 11 days for me!

I tried the Cedar Plank Shrimp one time -- they were tough.

Now I order either the Filet Mignon or the Lamb Chops -- have never been disappointed in them. They are way better in the Pinnacle than in the dining room.

The Filet Mignon and the Cedar Plank Shrimp are 2 different entrees -- if you want both there will be an extra $20 charge.

You can order as many appetizers, salads, sides and desserts as you want for $20 -- but only 1 entree.

Yes Benita, that's the way I thought it could be done. But now that our TA has left us an onboard credit, how do we book in advance? I guess we could just book and pay for it ourselves and use that OBC for something else, yes? There are 3 of us, 3 booking #s - getting complicated. . .

You can call ship services at 1-800-541-1576 and book the Pinnacle -- need only 1 booking number and 1 credit card to make a reservation for 3 people. The other 2 people will just have to pay you for their dinners. This has to be done at least 10 days before your cruise.

As of Oct 8 the auto tips will be $11 per day per person -- so for you on a 7 day cruise that will be $77 -- your shipboard credit will be quickly used up.

Archived