Is the Holiday Inn on the beach open?

coupleofcops

They may very well be closed. Galveston and the Bolivar Peninsula along with Bridge City and Sabine Pass, Texas were hit hard by Ike. The home we had on Bolivar along with most others has been reduced to a few broken pieces of concrete slab. Galveston actually fared a bit better than we did. While this was a Category 2 hurricane "wind-wise", the storm surge was a Category 4-5. Your best bet is to call the 1 800 phone number and inquire as to their status.

There is no damage to speak of at the hotel. We sayed there the night before the Conquest cruise when we ended flying from from New Orleans due to Ike. Picked up our truck 2 weeks after Ike from the hotel back parking lot - all was well. I'm thinking the phone situation is general to Galveston and hopefully will improve soon. We never could get thru either.

Nurseone..Thank you so much for your response, I will keep trying. I went ahead and made reservations, but I have questions for the front desk that no one else has been able to answer.

When you last stayed did you have to book 2nts? We were there in Feb. 08 and only booked one. But there reservation people are telling me they are booking nothing less then 2nts? Does anyone know if this is true?

Thanks,

Kay

Were you able to book for just one night or two ? They told us we had to book for 2 nts March 13-14..We only need one...

Kay:D

did you try booking online? at Christmastime they are letting me book just one night via the website....

We booked at the Holiday Inn Resort on the seawall for one night before our cruise. The rate is 99.00 for two queen beds and you can leave your car there and they have shuttle service roundtrip from the hotel. You will have to call the 800 number on the Galveston website to book.:)

Wow, the Holiday Inn website priced me at $129 this morning for flexible booking :eek: I reserved a room, but will have to see if i can get reimbursed using their "low-price guarantee". I'll let you know...

To OP, we only asked for and received one night, but it's for the Nov 20 cruise.

Kenton please do, we are needing a room for March 14, 09. But they told us when we called we had to book 2 nts. I've tried to book online it tell me the rooms are not availble....I still can't reach the front desk. The line stays busy. I would rather deal with some there at the hotel then someone on a phone thats not even in the same state.....

kay

I did e-mail the Holiday Inn website and got the "internet price guarantee" of the lowest price plus 10% of the difference. So my room for the 19th of Nov is now $89.10 (+tax) for a standard 2 queen room. Thanks for the heads-up!!! This website (and you nice folks) have saved me plenty of $$$ just by reading...Thanks!!!

I am confused how you got this great price?? I booked my mom yesterday for Nov. 8th 1 night and the best I could find was 133 + tax??

I think the reason (sorry can't remember your name and I don't know how to go back) that you can only book for 2 nights is that is the start of our Spring Break week. I don't know about all of Texas, but I bet it is alot--

I did call directly to the hotel and she said they were open and had space in the new and old rooms---

Kay (got your name this time!) the number I called yesterday is: 409-740-3581

I would ask if the 2 nite deal is due to spring break-

we found several other good hotels just out of galveston also, but my mom and her cousin are in their 70's and I did not want them worryn--

darla

... I think the reason (sorry can't remember your name and I don't know how to go back)...

The next time that happens, while you are in the Reply to Thread screen scroll down a bit to the Topic Review (Newest First) section. You will see a list of the previous posts. Also, using the Quote button on the post you are referring to instead of just the Post Reply button will help too. The message you are quoting will appear in the Message text box when you type your reply.

I hope this info will be helpful!!

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

Kay (got your name this time!) the number I called yesterday is: 409-740-3581

I would ask if the 2 nite deal is due to spring break-

we found several other good hotels just out of galveston also, but my mom and her cousin are in their 70's and I did not want them worryn--

darla

Thanks LoveTexas...I think we are going to end up at the Howard Johnson.. Its cheap enough that we can stay in Galveston for a extra night and extended our vacation.

Kay

Archived