Big sale?

jspirit

http://www.carnivalcruiselines.com/cms/fun/specials/recharge/default.aspx?wt.mc_id=Hhmpg08SliderRecharge

*Cruise rates are in U.S. dollars, per person and based on double occupancy. Offer is non-transferable, and has no cash value. No name changes. Full deposit required at the time of booking. Farecode must be requested to receive promotion. Sailings within range may be slightly higher. Government taxes and fees are additional for all guests. Combinable with supersaver rates only. Offer is capacity controlled and is not combinable with any other discount or promotional offer. Rates are subject to change at any time without prior notice. Savings up to $100 per stateroom on select 3-5 Day West Coast, Miami and Port Canaveral Sailings between 11/1/08-2/28/09. All savings based on double occupancy. Single occupancy bookings receive half of the savings amount. Category Restrictions and exclusions apply. Minimum purchase of category 4A is required for inside cabins; category 6A for ocean view and category 8A for balconies. Valid on new individual bookings made between 10/1/08 - 10/15/08. Offer expires at 11:59pm EST on 10/15/08. Blackout dates may apply. Some restrictions (including stateroom/category availability) apply. Request fare code P1C. Ships' Registry: The Bahamas & Panama.

Thanks. :) Some people report being able to get those advertised 'sale' prices despite those 'restrictions'. I just wondered if anyone had luck with this one.

I booked over the phone( did not know there was a glitch), got call back today saying I now owe more, since I can't pay more, they are refunding $$. SO dont book air or anything yet. I have posted another post about this so won't repeat all her.

Really? From what I understand of Section 7a of the Ticket Agreement is that if you are paid/deposited, you are protected:

7. CARNIVAL’S RIGHT TO INCREASE FARES, CANCEL OR CHANGE VOYAGE

(a) Carnival reserves the right to increase published fares and air fare supplements without prior notice. However, fully paid or deposited guests will be protected, except for fuel supplements, government taxes, other surcharges and changes to deposit, payment and cancellation terms/conditions which are subject to change without notice

What was the reason they gave you for the increase?

Really? From what I understand of Section 7a of the Ticket Agreement is that if you are paid/deposited, you are protected:

7. CARNIVAL’S RIGHT TO INCREASE FARES, CANCEL OR CHANGE VOYAGE

(a) Carnival reserves the right to increase published fares and air fare supplements without prior notice. However, fully paid or deposited guests will be protected, except for fuel supplements, government taxes, other surcharges and changes to deposit, payment and cancellation terms/conditions which are subject to change without notice

What was the reason they gave you for the increase?

.....let's keep our fingers crossed!

:eek:

wasiii

Anyone have luck getting this on an already deposited booking with a military discount? Or is this one of those 'new booking, not valid with other discounts' offers?

We have the military discount and it saved us $42

.....did you have any other cruises booked previously before the sale?

:confused:

wasiii

Yes, actually that my DH is going on today, 3-night Paradise and it was on my profile. I cancelled the other cabin I had already on the Paradise for NYE. So for now, just got the one booked from the "sale" :cool:

Yes, actually that my DH is going on today, 3-night Paradise and it was on my profile. I cancelled the other cabin I had already on the Paradise for NYE. So for now, just got the one booked from the "sale" :cool:

.....because we booked online as opposed to booking through a PVP.

:confused:

wasiii

Archived