Alternative for formal night

rockymo

Does the buffet have the same menu as the dining room on formal night?
On our last Emerald Princess cruise, I noted that the Horizon Court had some of the items from the main dining room menus but not all.

They had "some", repeat "some". I was happy to see this as there are many people who do not choose to go to the main dining rooms at all during their cruise, and it appeared to me that Princess was starting to "share the wealth" of some of the main entrees in a more casual environment.

Whether this will become a fleet-wide offering or not is unknown.

The buffets are getting much better than they use to be & offer many of the same things served in the main dr but there's no guarantee. I always check out the buffet after dinner to see the differences.

For the first time, we are not doing formal nights on our Emerald cruise. You can do the buffet or the pay venues without going formal.

When we were on the CB in May, we checked out the buffet at dinner time and were impressed. They always had a carving station and pasta, meat and fish/seafood choices.

I totally agree that the buffet food has much improved for dinner. On our past two Princess cruises in the past few months, we've really been impressed at how much IS in the buffet from the main dining room menu. Obviously, lobster won't work well in a buffet set-up, but many of the other meats and side dishes are the same.

The buffet will offer some of what is being served in the dining room in addition to other things which are better than what is being served in the dining room.

Last cruise I don't even think we ate in the main DR because there were so many good things in the buffet.

Archived