Wine not Whine ;-)

ColoradoJuli

;) I have heard of a deal on this board about buy 5 wine bottles get the 6th one for free. How do you find out if this deal is on your ship and how do you place the order? And does the bottle each night need to be the same or can it be different? Thanks for the help!

Although I have never done this deal.... I believe it is available on all NCL ships... You simply keep your reciepts every time you buy a botttle... Also you can pick a different bottle each night... They probably have some match equation where the free bottle has to be lower or the same than the average price of the first five.

;) I have heard of a deal on this board about buy 5 wine bottles get the 6th one for free. How do you find out if this deal is on your ship and how do you place the order? And does the bottle each night need to be the same or can it be different? Thanks for the help!

It works like Chris described. They have a one pager that describes the deal and they push it on the first day. Usually they set up a table like the spa.

One little twist . Read the fine print not all wine applies. NCL's UNIQUE SELECTIONS are excluded. These are the higher end wines. They did allow me to get a free bottle but the selection was from the regular list and the average price of the wine I purchase from it. The following link will get you to NCLs wine list.

http://www.ncl.com/more/wine_list.htm

on the length of the cruise - on my Panama canal cruise (16 Days) it was purchase 10 and get the 11th and 12th free while on a shorter 5 day cruise it was purchase 5 bottles of wine and receive the 6th bottle free based on the average price of the 5 bottles purchased - taken from a freestyle daily April 29, 2004 - it also states on some of the other dailies that the free bottle has be be selected from a complimentary wine list and as Chris noted keep your receipts.

Hope this helps

Dennis

If you preorder wine for disembarkation does it counnt toward your 5 bottles?

I don't believe so. Thats the rub. If you don't preorder you can call roomservice and have any on the wines listed on the link I posted above delivered to your cabin day one.

Albegtiger, you can take it to your room: we always finish ours, but I don know you are allowed to have it saved for you or take it with you. Now the question about how do you know about the offer? Beleive me, it will be in your cabin or on the sales table as you embark or in a million other places. When we cruised the Sun it was available, but was not on the Sky about a year later. I don't know why. I think it's a great deal. Happy cruisin........NMNita

Archived