Table for 2 for dinner ?

Does anyone have any advice for securing a table for 2 in the main dining room on an RCCL ship. Is there a trick to it ? We are not unsociable and enjoy chatting and making new friends around the ship and on tours. Our jobs, however, involve a great deal of making conversation with strangers and we really do not enjoy being in a position where we are forced to make small talk during dinner. We always request this when booking but it does not always seem to work even whenwe book a year in advance !

We are not miserable (honest;) ) but I dont like to feel trapped into things.

Does anyone have any advice for securing a table for 2 in the main dining room on an RCCL ship. Is there a trick to it ? We are not unsociable and enjoy chatting and making new friends around the ship and on tours. Our jobs, however, involve a great deal of making conversation with strangers and we really do not enjoy being in a position where we are forced to make small talk during dinner. We always request this when booking but it does not always seem to work even whenwe book a year in advance !

We are not miserable (honest;) ) but I dont like to feel trapped into things.

Don't feel that you have to be apologetic...you're on vacation. If you have the My Time dining then you can easily reserve a table for 2. You can make your reservations night by night or for the whole cruise at once. Be sure to check your sailing for the My Time dining, because it's not available fleetwide.

DH and I have always requested a table for two and have always received our request. As a matter of fact, even got the same table number (other than the first number) , just on a different deck. If you are traveling in a Owner's Suite, the concierge should contact you a week or so before boarding and he /she will be able to make sure your request is honored. I have had that happen too! Either suite I have stayed in , we received a table for two.

On embarkation day, the maitre d' will be available in one of the dining rooms to take table requests, if you do not like your assigned table. He will accomodate you if possible. We have never been denied a 2 table. Check your Compass as soon as you board to get the time and which dining room. Be there a few minutes before the opening time and you will probably get your request. But it is important to be among the first in line.

We always get a table for 2. I request it when I book, then the first place we go when we board is the DR to check. If we aren't assigned at a table for 2 we go to the first person we see and make our request. Always works.

Try this.....send an email to the Dining Reservation Dept. of RCCL at RCLDINING@RCCL.COM requesting a table for 2. Include your reservation number, ship name, sail date, C&A #. Good Luck.

Not unless you have My Time Dining like we do. Table assignments for MTD is done onboard, or so I was told when I emailed RCI at the same e-mail addy.

How far in advance of the cruise do you send the email request?

We sail 4/24/09. We are not using My Time Dining. I sent my email request in for a 2 top about a month ago. The next day I received this reply: "Your table for two request is now on file."

Archived