Balcony Breakfast w/o the Balcony?

Nymue

Has anyone ever had any luck ordering the Ultimate Balcony Breakfast while staying in just an oceanview room? We are on the Crown next August for the British Isles Cruise and have only reserved an oceanview since it is such a port intensive cruise. However we love the Champagne Breakfast.

Anne

Has anyone ever had any luck ordering the Ultimate Balcony Breakfast while staying in just an oceanview room? We are on the Crown next August for the British Isles Cruise and have only reserved an oceanview since it is such a port intensive cruise. However we love the Champagne Breakfast.

Anne

I've read that yes, they will deliver to a non-balcony room. Give them a call once you board. The worst that can happen is that they say no can't do. Good luck.

Yes -- it is perfectly OK to order Balcony Breakfast even in an Inside Room! But one of you will be sitting on the bed. Make room near the TV for them to place some of the items. Depending on the number of deliveries the Room Service has to make, they sometimes dump the tray of food and Champagne on the bed too because they are in a rush! We had a balcony but it was too cold and windy. So we had to eat inside the cabin. Above was our actual experience.

We've had the balcony breakfast without the balcony twice - once in an outside room, and once when it was way too cold to go outside (it was the only day the ship would serve it). The bed is always useful as an extra storage for the trays. Lately we seem to be able to choose our day. Nancy

• 4 weeks later...
okay I am sold on this breakfast, now what is served?

Here you go my friend ;) on the CB - Caribbean itinerary:

1043642492_b9b910ab1a.jpg?v=0

On the Coral - Alaska

1042733313_e49bed9a9b.jpg?v=0

Bring some zip-lock bags for the left overs - we enjoy the pastries for days afterwards.

I have pictures of both in my photo albums - follow the link below.

On our last cruise on the Golden Princess I was complaining about our neighbors smoking so much on the balcony that we couldn't do the breakfast, even though we would have liked to. Our Head Waiter told us that they do that breakfast in the dining room that does not have the regular morning breakfast for those who do not have a balcony.

I don't know if other ships do that or not, but I'm sure there is a way.

okay I am sold on this breakfast, now what is served?

If you want to email me, I can give you a picture of what the breakfast looks like. I tried to attach it to this posting but for some reason the attachment link won't work for me.

If you want to email me, I can give you a picture of what the breakfast looks like. I tried to attach it to this posting but for some reason the attachment link won't work for me.

that is really nice of you -- actually someone on my roll call showed me pictures after I asked on this thread, it looks good! And I think we will try it.

much appreciated

Anne

That room is kind of small in not sure where you would eat it. I guess you could eat on the bed:confused:

Archived