OT: Favorite Non Cruise Photograph

Digging through photos to populate my new Zenfolio site and found some I may never have posted anywhere before:

Hailee in Wonderland

p728506974-5.jpg

If you're interested, go here and try the "slideshow" option. It's one of the reasons I started using Zenfolio:

http://pierce324.zenfolio.com/p403604119

Let me know what you think of the slideshow feature.

Dave

If you're interested, go here and try the "slideshow" option. It's one of the reasons I started using Zenfolio:

Some great grand kid pics there. You do have a good eye for composition. I like the way Zenfolio does the slide shows over Pbase. The photos are much larger. Did you have to resize them or does their software take care of that?

Some great grand kid pics there. You do have a good eye for composition. I like the way Zenfolio does the slide shows over Pbase. The photos are much larger. Did you have to resize them or does their software take care of that?

Thank you!

I resized them, but with the next step up over the $25 basic membership, space goes from 1 GB to unlimited. I wouldn't have to resize then.

I also like the fact that the captions from Picasa (that are written to the EXIF) are recovered and displayed as captions in the galleries.

Dave

I also like the fact that the captions from Picasa (that are written to the EXIF) are recovered and displayed as captions in the galleries.

Hmm, interesting. Does it keep the same order as the album in Picasa? I have been using the organizer in Adobe Elements and uploading an album in the same order to PBase is a pain. The only way I could figure to do it is rename each photo in the organizer with a consecutive number. Batch processing to reaname wouldn't result in the order I wanted either.

Hmm, interesting. Does it keep the same order as the album in Picasa? I have been using the organizer in Adobe Elements and uploading an album in the same order to PBase is a pain. The only way I could figure to do it is rename each photo in the organizer with a consecutive number. Batch processing to reaname wouldn't result in the order I wanted either.

I usually batch name my files chronologically, which is pretty easy. Occasionally I need to sort files manually like Picasa allows. To do so, I found a little trick in Picasa that works for me. Picasa will auto-number a batch of photos in a gallery if you select multiple files and hit F2 to rename. I drag files into the order I want, select all of them and hit F2. Assuming I launch my creativity and name the series "File", it numbers them as follows:

File, File-1, File-2, File-3...File-10, File-11, etc.

I then rename the starting file to File-0 and then batch rename them in IrfanView using XP filename sequence (which takes into account that File-10 comes after File-9 instead of after File-1 like it does in DOS). That way I get the cool file naming features from IrfanView but keep my manually selected order.

I can then order them by filename in PBase or zenfolio.

Alternatively, if you want to load files one at a time, it allows you to order by uploaded date/time.

Dave

Dave

Great photos (as always), Dave :)

The slideshow really looks good - nice large pictures.

They say you can have a 'free trial' - any idea how long that lasts? (I know that PBase gives you a 30 day free trial). Is there an easy way to get pics from Picasa to Zenfolio?

Great photos (as always), Dave :)

The slideshow really looks good - nice large pictures.

They say you can have a 'free trial' - any idea how long that lasts? (I know that PBase gives you a 30 day free trial). Is there an easy way to get pics from Picasa to Zenfolio?

Thanks! I like the fact that the slideshow pops up a separate full screen window and that the viewer can control the show by using the pop-up control box at the bottom of the screen.

Their free trial is 14 days. As for moving from PBase, they offer a migration tool that works with many sharing sites, but unfortunately, PBase isn't one of them.

Dave

Thanks! I like the fact that the slideshow pops up a separate full screen window and that the viewer can control the show by using the pop-up control box at the bottom of the screen.

Their free trial is 14 days. As for moving from PBase, they offer a migration tool that works with many sharing sites, but unfortunately, PBase isn't one of them.

Dave

Can you easily migrate from Picasa webalbums??

2656429530104734279S500x500Q85.jpg

I would like to join your group. I have recently learned how to post 'big' pictures here on CC as opposed to the little thumbnails .

The picture above was taken in Viet Nam circa 1971, by me.

An old pictures that was 35mm film, scanned into the computer and tweak on Picasa 3.

JimmyJames

PS> I'll be back with more. Thanks

2656429530104734279S500x500Q85.jpg

I would like to join your group. I have recently learned how to post 'big' pictures here on CC as opposed to the little thumbnails .

The picture above was taken in Viet Nam circa 1971, by me.

An old pictures that was 35mm film, scanned into the computer and tweak on Picasa 3.

JimmyJames

PS> I'll be back with more. Thanks

Cool bit of history!

Welcome to the forum!

Dave

Welcome JimJam, glad to have you join this thread and share you photos with us. I like the photos that you have added, especially the Viet Nam ones. 1971 that was so long ago. I was still in high school. Keep on sharing.:D

Welcome JimJam, glad to have you join this thread and share you photos with us. I like the photos that you have added, especially the Viet Nam ones. 1971 that was so long ago. I was still in high school. Keep on sharing.:D

I was just 3 years out of high school.

Oh, I have a bunch of pictures to share, cruise and non-cruise. I had been posting pictures on a thread I am active on: "What's for dinner tonight" by Host Dan.

Food pictures as well others. They said they were not tried

of seeing them.

Here is quick one:

2865582270104734279S600x600Q85.jpg

JimmyJames

WOW!! What a long neck on that goose. Is it a goose or some kind of duck? Thanks for sharing on this thread. :D

it is a Egret)Not a goose or duck) Not sure what type it is.

This thread is "kinda slow" so I guess I need to post something to keep it going:

2768156410104734279cHvykw_th.jpg

JimmyJames

This pic was taken about 5 years ago. with a Canon Rebel FILM camera. I scaned it.

2768156410104734279S600x600Q85.jpg

I keep for getting to re size. Sorry

Archived