I'm Still Trying to Get These Things Added.......

sail7seas

Every now and then I bring this up and it is usually few weeks before we are planning to cruise again.

I'm a few weeks early this time. :D

PLEASE ..... why has it been impossible for HAL to always offer whole wheat pasta along with the white pasta, whole wheat bread and/or roll always available and the choice of a baked sweet potato ALONG with the choice of a white potato. These are not luxury foods and are not pricey. Why can't they be added to the stores list and prepared along with white spaghetti? What's the big deal to put another pot of boiling water on the giant stoves? Is it so much work?

I've written this before and alway seemed to find people who agreed they want these things.

Anyone out there still hope HAL makes these simple items available?

I don't eat white rice, white bread, white potato, white pasta and would enjoy being able to have the far healthier alternatives to those foods.

Given that HAL is able to accommodate so many dietary requirements with advance notice, why don't you get hold of them and ask them ot make whole wheat choices available for you when you cruise? I know it isn't the same as "always available" but it would help you.

I agree in Today's society that many people would love these options....you are not alone nor do I think its an unreasonable request. I wouldn't consider these options expensive...however I bet if they did a trial run, you'd run out of the supply before the end of the trip.

I would love to have the sweet potatoes...

Given that HAL is able to accommodate so many dietary requirements with advance notice, why don't you get hold of them and ask them ot make whole wheat choices available for you when you cruise? I know it isn't the same as "always available" but it would help you.

Yes, I could make a 'special request' for attention to my diet but I honestly wouldn't do that short of having severe allergy or celiac condition or something of that order. I don't happen to think it necessary for people to request special diets for every eating preference/need when most can be handled independently by themselves if they make good choices.

This is a case of wishing they offered these things for everyone....not just for me.

I think many are eating healthier and are aware what is healthier far more than ever in our past.

I know locally in restaurants that offer a baked sweet potato, that is what people order. If the choice is available, many of us will order the healthier alternative. Many of us do not think low carb is the way to go but are more convinced that 'good carbs' is the healthier way of eating. We need to have them offered in order to be able to select them.

These are not luxury, costly foods but they are in demand IMO

Every now and then I bring this up and it is usually few weeks before we are planning to cruise again.

I'm a few weeks early this time. :D

PLEASE ..... why has it been impossible for HAL to always offer whole wheat pasta along with the white pasta, whole wheat bread and/or roll always available and the choice of a baked sweet potato ALONG with the choice of a white potato. These are not luxury foods and are not pricey. Why can't they be added to the stores list and prepared along with white spaghetti? What's the big deal to put another pot of boiling water on the giant stoves? Is it so much work?

I've written this before and alway seemed to find people who agreed they want these things.

Anyone out there still hope HAL makes these simple items available?

I don't eat white rice, white bread, white potato, white pasta and would enjoy being able to have the far healthier alternatives to those foods.

I wish they would offer those items as well. I just had gastric bypass surgery at the end of August and if I eat breads and or pasta I need to have the whole wheat/whole grain variety. I always liked them anyway (especially the bread, lol). I will have to avoid the breads and pastas on board if they are white but I need to concentrate on protein anyway so that should help.

I know that when we were at Disney World last Christmas they had whole wheat buns and bread at most if not all of the restaurants. Mind you at one of their restaurants (Casey's Hot Dogs) there wasn't an option and all dogs were served on multi-grain buns and lots of people didn't like that either.

Melissa

I agree 100%. I would love to see whole wheat pasta available without having to order it an hour in advance in the Lido, whole wheat bread, brown rice and a baked sweet potato which is so much healthier than a white one.

So, who do we call? How do we do this?

HAL, are you reading these boards? These healthy choices should be available.

I agree, we eat these things at home and HAL should move with the current health trends. When you know better you should do better. I wish they would take other health concerns into consideration too! But I will not turn this into something else..;)

I agree with Sage, I don't think your healthier items are what most people want.

I myself wouldn't touch a sweet potato with a 10 foot pole, nor wheat pasta. I will eat almost any kind of breat except pumpernickel or rye, but again that's not what most of the mainstream wants.

When they have 2000 people to feed, they will go with what is most popular, they can't possibly cater to everyone's taste. I think they do a darn good job of offering a variety of foods to try and please most everyone on board.

It's just not that difficult to offer sweet potatoes along with white ones, or whole wheat bread as an option. There are loads of people who do want to eat healthy and have these options available. I believe that HAL realizes this and that's why they have fish and chicken available every evening. Now, all they have to do is take it one step further.

I really don't think that it is a matter of not wanting us to eat healthier, it's not what the majority of passengers want. I too would like to see more healthy items included.

I think most people DO want these foods to be available. I think HAL just hasn't made the effort to change. We stopped serving the unhealthy pasta, rice and potatoes a long time ago in our family. HAL are you reading all these posts???

UMMM, love those baked sweet potatoes; however, I mess up the health part with a sprinkling of brown sugar on top!!!!

I agree....these options for bread, pasta, and potato should be quite easy to offer without too much more expense....

Thanks, Sail!

I agree with Sage, I don't think your healthier items are what most people want.

I myself wouldn't touch a sweet potato with a 10 foot pole, nor wheat pasta. I will eat almost any kind of breat except pumpernickel or rye, but again that's not what most of the mainstream wants.

When they have 2000 people to feed, they will go with what is most popular, they can't possibly cater to everyone's taste. I think they do a darn good job of offering a variety of foods to try and please most everyone on board.

We aren't asking them to take away white bread and gluey white pasta. We are asking they offer the healthy alternatives as well. We want healthy choices instead of the overprocessed, high glycemic index, white foods.

I think you might be surprised the number of people who have gotten away from those unhealthy choices. Many more than some folks think. Eating healthy is 'catching on'. :)

The first time I had whole wheat pasta, I wasn't sure about it, but after a couple of times when I was served white it tasted blah!

How many food items are on board for a week for 2,000 people? Sooner or later something has to be cut for something else to be available.:(

I agree with you completely. I also do not eat anything with white flour. Just by eliminating white flour from my diet, I lost 25 pounds and I have never felt better. I wasn't overweight to start with, but found that white flour was something that my body could not process. I hope the right people read this thread so I can have lots of whole grains on my Christmas cruise.

Oh, Mistletoe76 (Melissa) and anyone else going to WDW - Disney is WONDERFUL with special requests. For meals at sit-down restaurants, just let them know when making your 'priority seating' (reservations) and a special chef will visit the table and prepare special meals. At counter service just ask and someone will come out from the kitchen and help meet your individual needs.

When we don't cruise for vacations, there is a reason we 'go see the mouse'. :D

I agree with you completely. I also do not eat anything with white flour. Just by eliminating white flour from my diet, I lost 25 pounds and I have never felt better. I wasn't overweight to start with, but found that white flour was something that my body could not process. I hope the right people read this thread so I can have lots of whole grains on my Christmas cruise.

I keep trying...... :)

I figure (hope) if we ask long enough, maybe it'll happen???

Archived