I'm Still Trying to Get These Things Added.......

sail7seas

Good point and I understand what you are saying.

I do think it pertinent to remember HAL buys under the Carnival umbrella.

They are so huge, their buying power is tremendous. To purchase whole wheat pasta for all the Carnival Family of Ships on the scale they would be ordering has to bring the price per pound to pennies or close to it..... No?

(Carnival Family of ships includes (among others) Carnival, HAL, Costa,Cunard, Seabourn, and Princess.

Just thinking out loud here. If people have allergies or other food related issues, they can request that special provisions be made for them.

If eating healthy is a health related issue(what a ridiculous comment this is) then why not make that special request in advance or when on the ship? If we've been trying to get certain things for a long time and HAL isn't responding, I don't see anything wrong with requesting it either in advance or on board.

Last winter we were able to get whole wheat pasta at the Lido, but we had to order it an hour in advance.We had been told that they had it on board and it was available. It was.But it had to be prepared specially.

I'm with you, Sail.

We eat only whole wheat at home...bread, pasta, etc.

Sweet potatoes...never white. Whole wheat bread...not white bread, whole wheat pasta...not white. Brown rice, not white rice.

I would like those choices readily available on HAL.

Good point and I understand what you are saying.

I do think it pertinent to remember HAL buys under the Carnival umbrella.

They are so huge, their buying power is tremendous. To purchase whole wheat pasta for all the Carnival Family of Ships on the scale they would be ordering has to bring the price per pound to pennies or close to it..... No?

(Carnival Family of ships includes (among others) Carnival, HAL, Costa,Cunard, Seabourn, and Princess.

Yes the bulk purchasing would bring the cost down. However, regular pasta bulk pricing probably brings the price down much more. I would not know the exact amount but it would guess in bulk the percentage difference would still be great.

The logistics issue is another additional cost. Shipping to each HAL port. Inventoring an extra staple at each step in the process to be sure it is one each ship, each sailing. Having it prepared and ready to serve when you order it. And probably many more details that I can't imagine.

Also items that have a shorter shelf life, whole wheat bread or sweet potatoes could cause extra waste if no special requests are made. The poster that mentioned getting whole wheat pasta made me think that maybe that would be easier since pasta has a longer shelf life. And it appears they cook it only when previously ordered to allow prep time. All extra labor i.e cost.

If enough people enjoy the items, I bet they will be added. I think it just matters that it is a significant number on each sailing.

Good luck with your campaign.:)

Outback Steak House, Texas Road House

and Logan's Road House all offer sweet potatoes

as an alternative to baked potatoes.

Jimmy John's Sandwich shop has white

french bread or whole wheat bread.

Bob Evan's Restaurants has multigrain

pancakes.

If they can do it, HAL can do it.

Now, perhaps, at least at first,

they can't have whole wheat pasta,

and brown rice always available at

every meal.

But to add whole wheat bread?

That's easy-peasy.

And no trouble with the sweet potatoes.

Give it a go HAL. Just add one thing at

a time, and you'll see that people like it.

Archived