Majesty Food, or RCL in general

springbee

Hey! I was just wondering what the food was like on the Majesty. Do you prefer the dining room or buffet for lunch? Anything that is got to have, or got to skip?

I went on the Carnival Fantasy last year, and was pleasantly surprised by most of the food (especially that warm chocolate melting cake) and always had the buffet for lunch because it was yummy with a good selection.

Thanks!

We were on the Majesty in '04. The food was decent, but definately not 5*. I do think Carnival food is better. However I have just looked at the new menus and I am not impressed. Looks more like diner food. I think I will be spending more time in the buffet, room service and specialty restaurants on my next trip. Hopefully I am totally wrong and am in for a surprise.

I always like the service in the dining room better than lugging a tray around but really what I care about the most is what is being served. They will post the lunch menu outside of the dining room each morning so you can go see if any of the options appeal to you. If they don't then there is no decision: head to the buffet.

• 2 months later...
We were on the Majesty in '04. The food was decent, but definately not 5*. I do think Carnival food is better. However I have just looked at the new menus and I am not impressed. Looks more like diner food. I think I will be spending more time in the buffet, room service and specialty restaurants on my next trip. Hopefully I am totally wrong and am in for a surprise.

Can you let me know where you found the new menus? Thanks.

We always do breakfast in the dining room--so much nicer than the buffet!

We'll grab a sandwich or something for lunch from the buffet if we're at the pool--it's just easier. On non-pool days, it's the dining room for lunch.

RCI's food is ok--it's comparable to Applebee's, or TGIFridays--that sort of "cuisine". In years past, it was more comparable to a really nice restaurant (at least, for dinner), like a Chris Ruth's or Morton's--very upscale. They've really reduced the "fancy-factor" in the last couple of years!

Archived