Carnival Excursions..grrrrrrr

Anyone going to or has been to Virgin Gorda on an excursion through Carnival recently? What is/has Carnival charged for this?

Out of 5 ports of calls, Carnival only has 2 ports listed for excursions. And, those 2 ports, we are booking private tours.....:rolleyes:

Several from our Roll Call have called Carnival and we all get the same answer, "Check back next week, they will be posted".......This has been going on for months now and it's a tad bit frustrating to try and plan our week....

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Michelle

Anyone going to or has been to Virgin Gorda on an excursion through Carnival recently? What is/has Carnival charged for this?

Out of 5 ports of calls, Carnival only has 2 ports listed for excursions. And, those 2 ports, we are booking private tours.....:rolleyes:

Several from our Roll Call have called Carnival and we all get the same answer, "Check back next week, they will be posted".......This has been going on for months now and it's a tad bit frustrating to try and plan our week....

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Michelle

As Frank Barone would say, "Holy crap." You guys leave in 18 days and no excursions listed?

That's crazy.

My cruise is like 90 something days away and only have 2 excursions listed for Grand Cayman and that's it.

Sometimes I can't figure out what the heck they are doing.:(

Bill

As Frank Barone would say, "Holy crap." You guys leave in 18 days and no excursions listed?

That's crazy.

My cruise is like 90 something days away and only have 2 excursions listed for Grand Cayman and that's it.

Sometimes I can't figure out what the heck they are doing.:(

Bill

Yup, St Maarten and St Kitts are the only 2 ports listed with excursions.

It's really frustrating trying to plan the week. I want to do the Virgin Gorda excursions but, have no idea how much to budget for.

Damn you Carnival for messing with my Feng Shui of planning!:p

we did the baths/virgin gorda trip last summer I want to say it was about 270 for 2 adults and one child however it has been one of my favorite excursions ever, well worth the $$$$. So IM thinking it was 99.00 per adult

YIKES! That's pretty expensive for a 4 hr excursion....:eek:

hoped you checked tonite..i just check d my Grand Cayman

tours and they re all listed..lots of them..:D

I just checked now after reading your post.

This is what comes up when I click book excursions.

We are currently undergoing scheduled maintenance on Friday, August 8 at 10pm,

in order to continue providing our visitors with smooth sailing online.

We apologize for any inconvenience, and invite you to check back with us later.

Or, for immediate assistance, call your travel agent or 1-888-CARNIVAL.

They are right on top of things.:rolleyes:

Bill

we did the baths/virgin gorda trip last summer I want to say it was about 270 for 2 adults and one child however it has been one of my favorite excursions ever, well worth the $$$$. So IM thinking it was 99.00 per adult

This excursion is easily doable on your own if you are not on one of the port calls that is 9am to 2pm.

Bill

I just checked now after reading your post.

This is what comes up when I click book excursions.

We are currently undergoing scheduled maintenance on Friday, August 8 at 10pm,

in order to continue providing our visitors with smooth sailing online.

We apologize for any inconvenience, and invite you to check back with us later.

Or, for immediate assistance, call your travel agent or 1-888-CARNIVAL.

They are right on top of things.:rolleyes:

Bill

I can almost hear the sarcasm in this post....aahhhhha

This excursion is easily doable on your own if you are not on one of the port calls that is 9am to 2pm.

Bill

But, I'm a woman and have to be back on board for 3:45ish in order to get ready for our 6:15 dinner....:rolleyes:

We are in port from 9-6....If all goes well, we could be off the ship by 9:45ish? Catch the 10am ferry over but, it's the getting back time. The website shows a return at 3:30. I think the ferry ride is 30 minutes or so?

When we were there we used Patouche to go the Baths. It was a few years ago and the trip was great. We had a private group of 40 of us and I think it was around 50.00 pp. but like I said that was a in 2006.

http://www.patouche.com/guest_book.htm

Thanks for posting the link. I'm gonna check and see if this might be an option for us. :)

We rarely, if ever, book excursions through Carnival or any cruiseline because they are so amazingly over-priced. What I have found extremely helpful is to go to the individual port threads on this site and read what others have done. I have booked many wonderful tours through information obtained there and saved some major $$. Just my $.02

We rarely, if ever, book excursions through Carnival or any cruiseline because they are so amazingly over-priced. What I have found extremely helpful is to go to the individual port threads on this site and read what others have done. I have booked many wonderful tours through information obtained there and saved some major $$. Just my $.02

Thanks for the post and info!

We usually do, do private tours. I totally agree that the ships excursions are usually over priced, however, the one tour that we wanted to do doesn't get us back to Roadtown early enough....Hence the reason for likely going with a ships excursion depending on the time.

Thanks for the post and info!

We usually do, do private tours. I totally agree that the ships excursions are usually over priced, however, the one tour that we wanted to do doesn't get us back to Roadtown early enough....Hence the reason for likely going with a ships excursion depending on the time.

Gotcha :) Yeah, missing the ship would sorta make any $$ savings sorta not worth it, lol! Have a great time!!

PS...I am lovin' that avatar!!!

Gotcha :) Yeah, missing the ship would sorta make any $$ savings sorta not worth it, lol! Have a great time!!

Isn't that the most adorable kitty you've ever seen? I giggle every time I look at it. Plus, she reminds me of my Himi Kitty. :D Now if only I could get her to wear a headband, I'd post a pic....lol

Has anyone done the excursion on their own rather then use Carnival?

We're planning to do this on our own, using Speedy's to get over to Virgin Gorda. Our port day in Tortola is also from 9-6. Check the Tortola boards here on CC. There's a ton of really helpful information on there and it sounds pretty easy and inexpensive to do this on your own, at your own pace, and still be back to the ship in plenty of time. Good Luck!

We're planning to do this on our own, using Speedy's to get over to Virgin Gorda. Our port day in Tortola is also from 9-6. Check the Tortola boards here on CC. There's a ton of really helpful information on there and it sounds pretty easy and inexpensive to do this on your own, at your own pace, and still be back to the ship in plenty of time. Good Luck!

Well, originally we were going with Speedy's but, we could never get a solid answer from him about times, prices etc. His website shows the wrong pricing and it's since has gone up to $44 or something like that.

if I could do it on my own and be back in Roadtown for 3:30, I would.:cool:

6 of us did virgin gorda last year. we took a taxi from the port (we walked it back) there are 2 different water taxi companies, it was not that expensive. once you get over to the baths there are taxi's going back and forth all the time. It was no where near the price the ship was charging to do it. Plan on spending some time there, it takes time to walk/climb through the caves and well worth it. (bring your snorkling gear with you)

I'm not so sure she's talking about missing the ship. She stated earlier that she needed to be back onboard the ship by 3:45pm to get ready for dinner and the ferry schedule wouldn't get her back by then.

Bill

If i remember right the ferry is every hour, figure out which one is the last right before you have to be on board, and schedule yourself to be on the one before that. There ferry are how the locals get back and forth to work they run pretty much on time.

6 of us did virgin gorda last year. we took a taxi from the port (we walked it back) there are 2 different water taxi companies, it was not that expensive. once you get over to the baths there are taxi's going back and forth all the time. It was no where near the price the ship was charging to do it. Plan on spending some time there, it takes time to walk/climb through the caves and well worth it. (bring your snorkling gear with you)

Thanks for that great info!

Just checked Carnival again and still no bloody excursions posted for 3 ports.....:mad:

Archived